33' avs water tank

Notices

33' avs water tank

Old 03-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 33' avs water tank

mines a '98,

the blue water line at the tank was pulled out by somebody previous to me buying the boat. it is just laying in the cavity as evidenced when i pulled the speaker out down on the port side by the rear bench to check it out.

there is no access from the cockpit floor or under the bench seat. my idea is to access from the lower port side engine compartment panel against the bulkhead. the panel is not structural and sounds hollow. will it get me where i need to be? any other ideas?

thx
jim
Old 03-03-2009, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

Are you sure that line you see is the line to the tank? The transom shower line would also run thru that same cavity. My tank line runs down the starboard side and comes across under the diamond plate in the engine compartment.

Is the line to/from the tank still connected on the pump side?
Old 03-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Registered

i don't have a transom shower and i verified that the blue line goes to the sink faucet. everything runs thru the portside cavity. it's just disconnected at the tank as i pulled the end out thru the speaker hole.
most likely will access thru the engine compartment panel as it seems everything is right there plus i have more room to move. i don't want to cut a hole in the floor under the bench.

thx
jim
Old 03-03-2009, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My tank line is either pulled loose or tank has busted because when I fill it runs into the bilge.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rbr2328
My tank line is either pulled loose or tank has busted because when I fill it runs into the bilge.
mine would fill and then overflow into the bilge. the water line to the tank still has the connector on it so it's a matter of plugging it back in.
i'm going to access later this week, will post results.
thx
jim
Old 03-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Registered

You seem to have a handle on things but I will point out the obvious anyway just in case....where is the pump located?It is possible the line you see with the connector on it is rigged in a case a transom shower was added. My shower line also has a connector right at the engine compartment bulkhead. My understanding is they were all rigged this way in case.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Registered

the pump is a vertical hand pump at the sink (cheap). i blew air from one end of the line to the other and i'm good there.
once i open it up i'll see what they didn't do...............
thanks for the input
jim
Old 03-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Registered

Hey Jim,

It sounds like dont listen to anything I am saying. You have a completely different set-up than I had/have on either of the 33s I have owned. Both of mine had electric pumps located under the base of the storage locker in the cabin just forward of the dash.

Sorry if I confused you. Doesnt sound like it though.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Registered

we're good............

the '98's were the 1st year of the 33' AVS. sounds like owners complained about the piece of junk hand pump and wellcraft went to the electrical pump the next year.
maybe an option, who knows for sure.

thx
jim
Old 03-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the hand pump as well and is a 99

Quick Reply: 33' avs water tank

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.