single engine 29's? >

single engine 29's?

Notices

single engine 29's?

Old 05-24-2009, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I bought a 29ft scarab with no motor and drive. First motor was a 468 with 600 Hp. ran excellent . Now I have a blowen 555 850 + Hp. The only problem that I encoutered is cavatation from a four blade 30 pitch prop. Now I am running a 28 pitch 5 blade prop and no cavatation. These are excellent boats. Dont give up
Old 05-25-2009, 01:00 AM
Registered

Shotime113-Did you do your upgrade at Teague? I talked to one of the guys there who told me about you. He mentioned that five blade loved the 29'.
What did you do with the 600 hp?
Old 05-26-2009, 09:23 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

fast 22,

Sounds like she is still running great! She still looks good!!I'm in your neck of the woods working in Alexandria till the end of the year.Tell the wife I said hi!
Old 06-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Registered

I've seen pricing for SCARAB 29's ranging from $34K-$53K. Obviously the boat market sucks right now, hard to really say if it is a buyers or sellers market. I have explored selling our 29, but not interested in giving it away. The 29 is a remarkable boat that has timeless lines. I have a 502 with exhaust as the only motor mod and the boat runs top speed at 62mph on GPS.
Not the fastest boat on the water, but it has always been Turnkey and each time we've gone to Catalina on a scope run we arrive within a few miniutes of the 38 pack running 75-80.
I've used the boat in the Catalina ski race the past 6years and we have always had a great race
In the 9 years I've owned my boat I rebuilt the motor when I first purchased it, and again in 06, currently doing a valve job now. Put a new triple axle trailer under it in 2005...obviously I have done yearly maitainence and bought other things too, but those have been the most expensive with this boat
All in all it has been a great boat, good for ocean and also towing to Lake Havasu...I would recommend the 29 to anyone as a great boat...problem is finding them, there is maybe only 1 or 2 a year that you find for sale...if that. Good Luck

Jimbo
Attached Thumbnails single engine 29's?-img_0943.jpg   single engine 29's?-img_0938.jpg   single engine 29's?-jim.jpg  

Old 06-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Registered

Shawn, she still runnin good! doing a few upgrades nothing major. I had some side vents cut out of aluminum on a CNC machine, they are getting powdercoated this week. They are gonna be awsome, same design but flat and unbeakable. As of yet they are the only thing I didn't like on the boat. They are plastic and the back bumber lays right on them. Not a good combo, but that is a thing of the past!
BADA BING, your right, very few boats can compare to the rough water abillity and ease of maintenace and trailerability than these 29's.
Scott