4.3 Up-Grades >

4.3 Up-Grades

Notices

4.3 Up-Grades

Old 06-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.3 Up-Grades

I'm picking up a 96 20'er with a 4.3 Vortec two barrel which puts out 190 HP I hear. I want to up the HP and I hear the Elbrock (?) 4-barrel gives you about 220 hp but I also found this kit that gives you about 238 hp.
http://www.northeastmarinepower.com/...lus%20Kits.htm

Can anyone give me any more info or suggestions?

I'm looking to get to 70 mph and I was thinking that with the kit and a Merc Enertia prop I may get there?
Old 06-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drop a Weiand 177 blower on it. I always thought that would be cool. Probably put you in the 270 Hp range
Old 06-19-2009, 06:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Michael Garibay
Drop a Weiand 177 blower on it. I always thought that would be cool. Probably put you in the 270 Hp range
Too much to invest for this type of toy, I'm restoring a 24" Banana and putting modified twin Loopers on it so that's where I'll focus the $$$. The Scarab is just for this summer so I don't want to invest too much in it.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by INXS2
Too much to invest for this type of toy, I'm restoring a 24" Banana and putting modified twin Loopers on it so that's where I'll focus the $$$. The Scarab is just for this summer so I don't want to invest too much in it.
True. Now if you found a used unit somwhere and a manifold that might be worth it. It would be kind of a cool project. I have a Suzuki Samurai with 5" lift, 32" Muds, 5:1 ratio trannsfer case ARB air lockers front and rear and a turbocharged(custom) 16 valve mpi 1.6 sidekick motor. Needless to say waaaaay to much money spent. But a cool toy.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

70mph from a V6 in a 20ft might be a bit much especially if you dont want to spend a lot.
I think they run mid 50s stock? So you would need to add approx 150hp to reach your goal.
Throw a 4bbl intake and thru hull exhaust and call it a day and
save the rest for your Banana
Its cool to have something to bomb around in when your main boat is down for repairs.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:32 AM
Registered

Is the Thru-Hull a project to due in terms of parts and labor??
Also I see my outdrive is from a 175, would it take the added HP?