Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
89 Panther here we go >

89 Panther here we go

Notices

89 Panther here we go

Old 08-06-2010, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hullofjustis
I have noticed that you redoing a panther I have a pair of 420hp, transmissions and trs drives that I will be selling soon if you are interested let me know [email protected]
thanks but I have bravo's already that I might use. If I can find some xr's or imco's when im ready I might go that way.

I have been working on blanking out the back of the transom the last few days so I could go with any option I want.

filling in the drive's and exhaust holes has taken way more time and epoxy then I ever thought it would have. The transome outer skin was 1/2" thick and I wanted it rock solid so I tapered the edges out over 4" and filled it staggered layers of 1708 over lapping each other. It took over 9 layers to get almost flush with the outside. plus a gallon of epoxy.
I'll post some pics soon
Old 08-07-2010, 04:52 PM

Heres some pictures of the back of the boat and the filling of the drive and exhaust holes. I was able to get some epoxy with 404 and air bubbles on. looks rough but it's coming along.
Sunday I'll start hitting it with an air board and some more coats.
Attached Thumbnails 89 Panther here we go-bad-baby-086.jpg   89 Panther here we go-bad-baby-084.jpg   89 Panther here we go-bad-baby-091.jpg  

Old 08-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by donnawanna
wow nice work we should hook up. I plan on making custom raised hatches but I want take the bolsters and make them simular to the ones like powerplay's with the outside arm rests that have built in throttles and cup holders or something like that. I also have to make a custom back seat with very heavy padding and a rap around look. I found a panther tatoo that I like and want to use on the sides of the boat b ut maybe we could come up with some way to use it on the interior.
We should be able to do just about anything you want done. Looks like a good winter project that we could take the time to do right. Email some interior pic's if possible.

XT
Old 08-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Registered

Default mesurements

How is it going Do you still need the mesurements for the engine mounts and center stringer
Old 08-14-2010, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by scarab79
How is it going Do you still need the mesurements for the engine mounts and center stringer
It's going slow but good thanks for asking my son bought a 24 sea ray and the last few weeks I have been stuck putting a transom in that.

measurements would help. I don't know if there is a difference in years but if you don't mind thanks.

even a picture would help although I think mine is going to be different because I have bravo's and I'm moving my motors out 1 1/2" and up 3 1/2" with drive extensions also.
thanks again Keith
Old 09-04-2010, 07:37 PM

Well it's a pretty bad weekend for boating this weekend so I have dedicated this one to the scarab. After doing the sons transom and dealing with a bad break up with Donna I'm back at grinding and the sweet smell of epoxy curing.
Ok the focus is on the two main bulkheads the one at the helm was and is a pain in the but because of allot of very bad lamination of the old tabbing. Every time I start grinding Im finding holes or pockets where there is no bond.
Now that it's all ground out I laminated two pieces of 1/2" with 1708 and screwed them together with wood screws. Then rounded the top with my grinder and covered them with two layers of 1700.
Attached Thumbnails 89 Panther here we go-bad-baby-094.jpg   89 Panther here we go-bad-baby-095.jpg  
Old 09-04-2010, 07:48 PM

After the resin was hard I ground of the excess and fitted it to the hull. After it all fit nice I mixed up some epoxy with cabosil and fiber millings I bedded the bulkhead to the hull and filled the gaps where the only two stringers that are not coming out. Tomorrow I will tab it all in with 1700 and start removing the rear bulkhead.
Attached Thumbnails 89 Panther here we go-bad-baby-097.jpg   89 Panther here we go-bad-baby-098.jpg   89 Panther here we go-bad-baby-099.jpg  

89 Panther here we go-bad-baby-101.jpg  
Old 09-05-2010, 08:24 PM

here it is all tabbed in with two layers of 1700.
Attached Thumbnails 89 Panther here we go-bad-baby-104.jpg   89 Panther here we go-bad-baby-099.jpg   89 Panther here we go-bad-baby-106.jpg  

89 Panther here we go-bad-baby-107.jpg  
Old 09-05-2010, 08:34 PM

started to tear out the back bulkhead. It's hard to belive that this boat has not seen water in over a year and when I cut into the old stringers water just pours out it's soaked like a wet sponge.
What would have happened if someone bought this boat and dropped a motor in it and tried to take it out? It makes me wonder how many boats are out there in bad shape?
Attached Thumbnails 89 Panther here we go-bad-baby-108.jpg   89 Panther here we go-bad-baby-109.jpg  
Old 09-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread is baddass! You're doing gods work here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.