Wanted Scarab Excel 43 Don Johnson Signature Edition >

Wanted Scarab Excel 43 Don Johnson Signature Edition

Notices

Wanted Scarab Excel 43 Don Johnson Signature Edition

Old 01-21-2010, 07:49 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 5 boat is under swrinkrap now but I plain to start on it in spring makeing it stagered twins
Old 01-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tim leslie
The 5 boat is under swrinkrap now but I plain to start on it in spring makeing it stagered twins
Can you confirm this a DJ signature edition?
Old 01-25-2010, 07:28 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

the 5 boat is (not) a DJ edition it is the old record and race boat
Old 11-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Registered

Question 43 don johnson edition scarab

I just purchased a 1989 scarab 43 its has DJ 43 stameped into the hull under the serial # it was bill taylors boat and was on many cover of his magazines I was told it was the twin to dons johnsons boat and in 89 bill trailerd it around to all the boat shows there after was used as a flag boat trying to find out more information on the boat if anyone remembers it or has pictures let me know
Old 11-16-2011, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

There are only three left,I know this is going to break your heart but one for some strange reason broke in half coming off the top of a big roller ;I think it was one with the triples......Sad to say it was scrapped.

Jim

I also have an old catalog with the pictures in it of the DJ boat !

Last edited by cigboat1; 11-16-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Registered

I guess I have to wait till bill taylor gets back in the country. I talked to him briefly he told me that he did all the boat shows in 89 as a twin to dons boat and was a flag boat after that what does the DJ 43 mean under the serial #
Old 04-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Registered

Well confirmed 100 percent this is a don jonson signature series one off few made talked to larry smith he remembers the boat and is friends with bill taylor.
Snap on notice people also didn't seem all that interested in the IHRA champion alcohol-fueled funny car or some of the world's fastest motorcycles. What they did want to see, judging by the very long lineups, was Power Boating Canada's 1989 triple-engine, 43-foot Wellcraft Scarab Don Jonson Special Edition Poker Run paceboat which also happened to be at the Snap-on Tools display. Not only was Brian genuinely amazed at the drawing power of Publisher Bill Taylor's power boat during the entire race weekend, he decided then and there to harness the marketing and promotional power of offshore boats. That was in 1993, and Snap-on Tools, a world-recognized name in quality hand and power tools, had just celebrated 75 years in business, most of which had associated the company with racing of one form or another. In fact, the Snap-on name can be seen in association with such fast and famous names as Dale Earnhardt who races on the Winston Cup circuit, Miss Budweiser on the Unlimited Hydroplane scene and Al Unser Jr.'s Penske Racing Team in Indy Car racing. After inking a deal with Bill Taylor for Snap-on to become a major corporate sponsor of Power Boating Canada Poker Runs, Brian Ross and his entourage arrived at their very first event in NASCAR style with two very prominent large support trucks, a huge tent displaying Snap-on Tools products and licenced merchandise (clothing, souvenirs, etc.), a show car replica of an award-winning late model stock car, a 20-foot-high Snap-on tool box and literally miles of Snap-on banners and pendants. As National Sales Manager for Snap-on Tools of Canada, the quiet-spoken Brian Ross was well known for his marketing expertise, and he knew from the start that poker runs and high performance offshore boats were rife with opportunity. Not only were they highly visible to the potential buying public, offshore boats were a natural magnet to Snap-on's professional automotive technician customers and their huge network of franchised dealers across the country. Brian worked in conjunction with Bill Taylor to give rides as sales incentives to the top dealers on the Scarab paceboat that entire season. When not enough of them could be accommodated at each event, arrangements were made for separate prize-winning trips on both the paceboat and the previous flagship, the 38 Scarab Miami Vice boat. The chance of winning a ride proved such an incentive that Brian realized not only the promotional opportunities of poker runs but direct, measurable sales results through dealer sales increases. In the fall and winter of 1993/1994, a business plan came together to field a poker run team that would not only support itself financially but also generate new revenue for the company. To achieve this, partners were required. First, Snap-on purchased Power Boating Canada's Miami Vice Scarab. Ed Hakonson, President of Choko Motorsports in Stouffville, ON, was already a licensed supplier of apparel and collectibles for certain Winston Cup racing teams. Choko came on board. Through Ed, Brian met Larry Fink Jr., who, at the time, was Director of Sales and Marketing, for General Motors Servic
Old 04-17-2012, 10:21 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

pics man pics! we need pics
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 07-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/...5247j7e_20.jpg

http://s1225.photobucket.com/albums/...4619d05_20.jpg
Old 07-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know that 43. All yellow, originally triple 500 bulldogs. Blowers added by Norm at the old Hot Spot marine in Mississauga years ago. I wondered what ever became of that boat and the old Vice / snap on / talking tools boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.