Scarabs in Detroit >

Scarabs in Detroit

Notices

Scarabs in Detroit

Old 03-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by areyouliving
That Panther says it only weighs 6500lbs dry, that seems pretty light..... when my 300 weighs almost 9000lbs
Your 300 probably doesn't have Alpha drives... The Panther also has a very sparse cabin. I wouldn't be surprised if that was an accurate weight without a kevlar hull.

I don't know the history of the Panther, but IMO it is over priced. You're limited with what you can do with it as far as adding power because the drives can't handle it. You could pull them and fairly easily do a Bravo conversion, but I don't know if you'd want to dump that kind of money into a 22 year old boat. I can also say that the Panther has been for sale for over a year, and no one has jumped on it yet... I have a 32' Baja that I would sell for around the same price, and it is a much nicer boat.

I like the Scarab Sport a lot. I don't know about the motors, but that does seem like an excellent price for the boat.

I also know of an 83 377 that needs work for around $14K. The motors and drives are in perfect running order (420Hp Mercs with TRS drives), and the hull isn't in bad shape at all. The cabin was re-done with white and red leather in the late 90's but it had a leak a few winters ago and got moldy. The cockpit interior is in decent serviceable working order, but it needs updating.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We did a weight test on our boat and trailer to get our trailer registered. Our trailer was 2500lbs, total weight was 9400lbs.

So, 9400 - 2500 = 6900lbs. That is with 40 gallons of gas. Pretty close to 6500
Old 03-06-2010, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yamahahead
I would be interested in your boat. can you send info and pics to [email protected]

Thanks Scott
e-mail sent..