Is this worth 5k? >

Is this worth 5k?

Notices

Is this worth 5k?

Old 08-18-2010, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default am I an idiot?

Is someone daring enought to take this post on?

Okay, so I have an update after checking it out today I'll try to organize this as best as possible with a Good and Bad in each section. He''s asking $5K, I'm think $2k

Outer Body:
- Good: Hull looks to be in float-able shape cosmetically, no crazy holes piercing through the sides or anything. Paint is newer ( early 90?) with rough texture bottom paint.

- Bad: On the very front where the hull comes to a point, there is paint damage from hitting the trailer, also there are a few golf ball size chucks of paint taken off on the sides. There are 2 little windows that go to the under cabin that are cracked. On the transom there is 1-2 3x6" areas of paint that are peeled off. Outer rails are pretty rashed up, there are little hair line cracks in the paint around the engine bay.

Interior:
-Good: Reupholstered probably in the early 2000's, looks nice, little rips though. Teak is in decent shape, mean no checks out of it. It needs a coat of stain though.
-Bad: Not sure if toilet works, looks in working order though. No stereo head unit. Fridge is ancient. Sink needs to be replaced. Under drawer seats have no bottom, but are there :-).

Outdrives:
-Good: Props look newish, stainless steel and not chipped or anything
-Bad: One drive does not spin in reverse, only one hydraulic lift works.

Engines:
-Good: They are in the right spot? :-) seriously though, they look a little beat but they start.

-Bad: hack electrical job, Carbs need to be rebuilt. a bit of rust on manifolds.

Mechanical/ Electrical:
-Good: Trim tabs, trim tab hydraulics, and cockpit buttons work. Newer speakers. One newer battery, with switches so you can use both, or just port or star sides.

-Bad: Steering cable broken, bilge does not work, blower system needs to be gone through and fixed, only one outdrive hydraulic works, the other works if you jump the solenoid manually. Interior lights work, but they bleed and wont turn off all the way with the switch.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Run forrest, run.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Run forrest, run.
Seriously..... RUN...... There are a lot of good boats out there for the money. You're list of bad is only what you've discovered thus far while the boat sits on a trailer. God only knows what's going to go wrong when it hits the water. But don't worry, by then you'll have another $15k into this thing and still be wrenching on it. If this boat was free you might be alright. I know the low out of pocket to get into a big boat is attractive, but so is that cute girl that was easy the first night at the bar, but that doesn't mean she's a keeper!

Run Run Run