1986 Miami vice  38   $6,200 on craigslist >

1986 Miami vice 38 $6,200 on craigslist

Notices

1986 Miami vice 38 $6,200 on craigslist

Old 06-15-2011, 11:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by liscarab
Hey everyone. I was doing extensive research on the 38KV's and came across this thread. I am the one who brought the boat that is in complete disarray. I just had to get my hands on one b/c like you all I am a big fan of the 38KV's. I will hopefully begin restoring the boat next year and will document. Any tips anyone can offer? So far I think everything is original. The motors are 454 with 440HP 7.4L. Thats easy I can get those rebuilt, I like the old style carb engines with the air filter on top. The sterndrives might be TRS I believe and that is a problem and may have to be upgraded. I found one place in MI that may possibly be willing to rebuild them but not sure if I want to go that route yet. I got to get a professional to check out the transom and stringers. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hope they are o.k. or need minor repair. Upholstery is in bad condition and lastly paint. Any advise I will welcome.

Good for you and good luck with her. Please keep us posted.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey everyone. I was doing extensive research on the 38KV's and came across this thread. I am the one who brought the boat that is in complete disarray. I just had to get my hands on one b/c like you all I am a big fan of the 38KV's. I will hopefully begin restoring the boat next year and will document. Any tips anyone can offer? So far I think everything is original. The motors are 454 with 440HP 7.4L. Thats easy I can get those rebuilt, I like the old style carb engines with the air filter on top. The sterndrives might be TRS I believe and that is a problem and may have to be upgraded. I found one place in MI that may possibly be willing to rebuild them but not sure if I want to go that route yet. I got to get a professional to check out the transom and stringers. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hope they are o.k. or need minor repair. Upholstery is in bad condition and lastly paint. Any advise I will welcome.
dougman on this board has a nice set of TRS drives that are recently worked on and look great that I know he would part with. You should PM him. He just bought my boat which has Bravos so he has no need for the TRS's (and could probably use some cash LOL)
Old 06-25-2011, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
So that is what happened to Double Vision. Really like the upgrade! That pic on the water looks like it is from Hardy.
yup that was at Rosies Runn on Hardy pond about three years ago hot boat weekend. Worked on it all night to get to use it, relized the engens were getting too tired that weekend, so i pulled them and it never seen water again till finaly a few weeks ago after mamorial day. It only takes one ride to remember why i still have it!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Registered

Thanks guys. I will start a new thread as you suggested and will certainly document the progress. Ted G thanks for the info on the drives. Will definitely look into them. Enjoy the waters everyone.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:42 AM
Registered

Default 38 kv

Thanks guys. I will start a new thread as you suggested and will certainly document the progress. Ted G thanks for the info on the drives. Will definitely look into them. Enjoy the waters everyone.
hello do you live on long island ? if you do i see the boat every time i go down to my marina where i keep my boat never knew boat was there my 8 year old caught it passing by he said holy **** turn around i said why its a 38kv and sure as **** behind the gate there it was if this is your boat my aunt was the one who knocked on your door and asked if it was for sale well if you need help with engines or drives call me i do that work on the side have shop in bethpage i keep my 26 nova at yatsmans cove can miss it black hull white top with scarab grafics on it just did a resto on it blew one engine last week will be back in a few days if you need help or advice call me my e mail is [email protected] email me and i will give you my number
Old 07-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Registered

hello

Last edited by bigh1229; 07-23-2011 at 10:14 AM. Reason: didnt need to post thought it was direct to member
Old 07-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bigh1229
hello do you live on long island ? if you do i see the boat every time i go down to my marina where i keep my boat never knew boat was there my 8 year old caught it passing by he said holy **** turn around i said why its a 38kv and sure as **** behind the gate there it was if this is your boat my aunt was the one who knocked on your door and asked if it was for sale well if you need help with engines or drives call me i do that work on the side have shop in bethpage i keep my 26 nova at yatsmans cove can miss it black hull white top with scarab grafics on it just did a resto on it blew one engine last week will be back in a few days if you need help or advice call me my e mail is [email protected] email me and i will give you my number
Your 8 year old said "holy sh*t" ???

And that has to be the looooongest sentence on this website !!!
Old 07-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tinman565
Your 8 year old said "holy sh*t" ???

And that has to be the looooongest sentence on this website !!!
has the mouth of a truck driver what can i do hes with me at shop when off from school at lest he calls them shopwords and knows when not to use them and also im glad he can drive the hell out of a boat
Old 08-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Registered

Hey bigh1229, yeah thats me. Sorry for the late reply but just enjoying the summer so far. Made a promise to the wife, busy fixing up the house before I dump my time and money on the resto of the Scarab next year. It was nice of your aunt to come buy. I'm starting to visit shops and talking around looking at my options with regards to the resto. I will e-mail you. If you see me out front dont hesitate to say YO!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 16 Posts

Any updates??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.