Gauges for 96 Sprint >

Gauges for 96 Sprint

Notices

Gauges for 96 Sprint

Old 04-23-2011, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauges for 96 Sprint

I am looking to replace the Speedo & Tach on my 96 Sprint. Currently it has the stock Faria gauges. I am measuring them at 4 5/8 inches, does this sound right? I believe Wellcraft put them on their 22 & 26 ft Scarabs as well. They have a black and orange color scheme. Due to the faux molded carbon fiber dash I can't really go larger or smaller in terms of diameter. Any ideas on who makes gauges that will fit? I checked Faria's site and they don't appear to make this size anymore. I'm not really looking to spend a ton, just looking to get rid of the tach that has a cracked housing and bee trapped in it.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:36 AM
Registered

They are more than likely 3 3/8" on the speedo and tach and 2 1/8" on the rest. These are the most common sizes of gauge and are measured at the dash cut-out diameter.

Monster gauges are typically 4 5/8" and 2 5/8" cut-outs

I think there are some oddball units out there that have 3 3/4" cutouts as well, but these are much less common

Try Hardin Marine. They have some really nice inexpensive kits.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Registered

Thanks huge, Just pulled out the Tach and it measures 4 3/8 accross the back, which seems like even more of an oddball. I've already bought a set of 3 3/8 I might try to find some bezel's to fill the gap.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:12 PM
Registered

I went through the same thing with my Scarab 22 tach two years ago... Same gauges as on the 19 Sprint...
I called Faria and of coarse they don't make them anymore, just like you found out... but they told me they could repair the tach. I was lucky and got one off a member this the Scarab forum, who was upgrading to Autometer Guages.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Registered

I found some bezels from monster marine with a 3 3/8 ID and a 4 1/2 OD, so the 3 3/8 gauges should end up working out. If anyone needs the stock gauges pm me, the Speedo, trim, voltmeter, water temp, & fuel gauge are all in good working order.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Registered

did those bezels ever work out???

im in the process of trying to find replacement gauges for my scarab 22 with no luck on 4 5/8" gauges. mt trim/fuel/ and water temp all busted... cant replace just 3 ya know?

pics would be great!!