Prop Advise, Scarab SCS >

Prop Advise, Scarab SCS

Notices

Prop Advise, Scarab SCS

Old 06-17-2011, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop Advise, Scarab SCS

Ive been playing around with props over the last few weeks, but havent been able to get good GPS speeds.

I was running a B1 24P that came with the boat, and could easily redline it with 5 people in the boat and a cooler and ful tank of gas.

5400 ish = 72 mph (yes i overrevved)

I changed over to a Mirage Plus 27P, and can still run 5250 with 3/4 tank of gas, and 3 or 4 people. The 27P is horribly slow out of the hole, and mid range is not very good.

I am considering switching over to a B1 28P, any thoughts?

Engine = 502MPI Mag, stock internals, Flame Arrestor and exhaust.

Last edited by BBADWS6; 06-17-2011 at 09:17 AM. Reason: added more info
Old 06-17-2011, 09:36 AM
Registered

If you are getting a true 72mph with that much of a load in the boat with a stock 502 I would stick with that prop..!!

I have the same boat and it took a while to sort out the right prop. The boat started life with the stock 454 Mag MPI and I ran the prop it came with, 22p Bravo I, not the right prop but I saw 67mph (GPS) at 4900rpm. It was a good "all-round" prop but I did not change it because I knew I was doing up the engine.

I rebuilt the engine, top of the line internals and some slight tweaks plus a Procharger......dyno'd almost 600hp at 4900rpm but had a fuel delivery issue, installed the engine, sorted out the fuel issues etc and now run 5000rpm at 83mph with a Bravo I 28P.

I have found these boats like the four blade props, three blade they can get squirrely.....I would suggest trying a 26P Bravo I or a similar four blade but I think with your current set-up you won't gain anything.......good luck with it.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:58 AM
Registered

I appreciate the advise. I may try to trade my 24P B1 for a 26P B1 to try it out.

The boat got squirly with the 3 blade, but it was still comfortable enough to drive through. You could definately tell it was up and on the back of the pad.

I would really appreciate if you could send me some pics of your boat...... my boat needs a role model!