26 or 30 CC questions >

26 or 30 CC questions

Notices

26 or 30 CC questions

Old 08-21-2011, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 26 or 30 CC questions

If have owned my small edgewater CC now for a month or two, and its fun, but I still like preformance boats, but CC's are great too, fially decided to just look at the scarabs 26 sprint or 30's the problem is, I do not know what good prices are and aren't, I see a 302 1998 with twin merc 250's for 19k then I see a 1995 30 with twin yamaha 250s for 40k, I assume, that a decent price on one is somewhere in there, but the 26's also are all over the place, anywhere from 9k-25k anyone have advice on what good prices on them are..

Also what about build quality, I have looked at a couple and been on them, and the seem to be a really well built boat, however. I have not owned one soo do not know some of the smaller stuff, are there any years to look for??? mabey watch out for.. I am not looking for anything newer than 1998 because it get too pricey. Thanks
Old 08-22-2011, 10:46 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I have a 98 302 with twin 250 Mercs and if I could only sell it for 19K, I would have some sort of " unfortunate " incident occur. ( just kidding ). I would think mine would be worth about 35K. Nobody ever wants to pay to much for something, but at 19K I would think their are some major issues with that thing. Overall, I love my boat. Rides excellent. Not too much walking around room though, due to the 8' beam. Their are other " performance CCs" out their that are wider, resulting in more room and more stability when hanging out, but you will lose a little speed with the wider beam. Scarab took their racing hull and just changed the layout of the boat without touching the hull while other companies changed the entire hull for their CCs. So it all depends on personal preference.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:45 AM
Registered

I personally like the narrow beam, you get a really sporty look to the boat, and also, I was thinking 35k or 30k sounded better, I have no idea why that one is only 19k might be worth the money.... but anyway, I would probably focus on a 1980-1990 302, if I were looking because they are cheaper to buy a basically the same boat if it has a new motor, right?? they appear to be about the same.... what is the top speed on yours?
Old 08-23-2011, 09:08 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BigBoater
I personally like the narrow beam, you get a really sporty look to the boat, and also, I was thinking 35k or 30k sounded better, I have no idea why that one is only 19k might be worth the money.... but anyway, I would probably focus on a 1980-1990 302, if I were looking because they are cheaper to buy a basically the same boat if it has a new motor, right?? they appear to be about the same.... what is the top speed on yours?
She seems to be getting a little tired I guess. I'm getting 60 with perfect conditions and fresh fuel. I was getting 64 6 years ago with the exact same set up. The specs say I should get 72 with the 250s, but I'll never see that. Good luck looking, if I come across anything I'll let you know
Old 08-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Registered

I have a 1999 with 225 opti's. I bought the boat new in 1999. It has been a great boat with plenty of room for the family and good speed to give passengers a bit of a thrill. When looking at older 302 sports look out for soft spots in the cockpit floor. That can be an expensive repair.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:06 PM
Registered

soft spots in a self draining? didnt think of tht
Old 08-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Registered

not self bailing....drains to the bilge then pump out.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Registered

Isnt that what self bailing is.... manual bailing is when you have to pull the plugs (that how my unsinkable thing is lol)
Old 08-24-2011, 10:03 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BigBoater
Isnt that what self bailing is.... manual bailing is when you have to pull the plugs (that how my unsinkable thing is lol)
Nope, self bailing is the water running right out of the cockpit through holes to the outside, instead of draining into the bilge and then being pumped out. Both have good points and both have bad points. But on the soft spot issue, it's a non-issue with my boat ( Thany God ). She's solid as a rock. The" roaming " space on my boat was definitely not a knock on Scarab Sport. I was just explaining how other CCs have more hangout room. I'd rather do away with the hangout room and keep the sleek look of the SS. Also, as much speed as I have lost over the years, I still jump up on plain in seconds with 8 people on board, which is pretty cool
Old 08-24-2011, 10:07 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Sorry, that would be Thank God, not Thany God. ( the y and k aren't even next to each other, wow )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.