Wellcraft 38KV Scarab Miami Vice Editions >

Wellcraft 38KV Scarab Miami Vice Editions

Notices

Wellcraft 38KV Scarab Miami Vice Editions

Old 01-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JetJock
We started a Facebook page dedicated to the Wellcraft Miami Vice Edition 38KV Scarabs. If know of any owners/fans please direct them to the site and join in on the fun!

We need Pictures!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wellcr...49728885074292
Hi Guys,
Good to hear from you again, Randy. All's well here in Europe and still have my MV. Will send you pics and vids. Too bad Jim sold his, was planning on buying it this summer..
Take care, cheers, seb
Old 01-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Registered

Jim's is safe and sound here in Greenville, Nc. Resting in a heated hanger for the winter. There are few like this around for sure. Besides mine and the one in Europe is there any others of the 6 from the show out there do we know? -Craig-
Old 01-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually real TV-boats are "almost all" in Europe. One in Germany -the last one in the series and with blower hatches, one in Norway- a Camera boat with a sunpad, one in Finland - the ex- DJ's personal one. Bought from the TV-companys action overhere and verified as DJ's boat, also with greetings to DJ from the Wellcraft factory workers visible under the laminate on the plywoods, a 87 hull that was painted the later MV scheme identical to the German one. Later painted as a mix match of the late and early paintschemes currently (maybe even repainted during the show ?).

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 01-26-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
Actually real TV-boats are "almost all" in Europe. One in Germany -the last one in the series and with blower hatches, one in Norway- a Camera boat with a sunpad, one in Finland - the ex- DJ's personal one. Bought from the TV-companys action overhere and verified as DJ's boat, also with greetings to DJ from the Wellcraft factory workers visible under the laminate on the plywoods, a 87 hull that was painted the later MV scheme identical to the German one. Later painted as a mix match of the late and early paintschemes currently (maybe even repainted during the show ?).

Pictures? I would like to see proof. We will post them on the site.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JetJock
Pictures? I would like to see proof. We will post them on the site.

They are coming, Regarind the paint style of the Norwegian camera boat seems its painted like the rest of the MV editions but it also has that brass plate stating its a DJ Boat and has camera mount holes in it. So does the owner claim it to be with a similar story of greetings under the laminate to DJ like the verified one over here... hmmmm ?

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 02-12-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:51 AM
Registered

[ATTACH][ATTACH]Wellcraft 38KV Scarab Miami Vice Editions-scarab-kv.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

here is my kv.....
Attached Thumbnails Wellcraft 38KV Scarab Miami Vice Editions-boat-058.jpg   Wellcraft 38KV Scarab Miami Vice Editions-boat-059.jpg  
Old 02-15-2012, 12:33 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The German Autosolon boat is back stateside. Last seen racked outside in Miami with no covers.
She's look'n pretty rough.
Don was given a boat each year for his own use, which was turned back in at the end of the year.
If you're referring to the padded boat in Norway with the Pink and Aqua cockpit panels, it has a production stripe. The only boat that did running shots of the cockpit in the later years had a race hatch.
I'm working with a contact from Wellcraft to put me in touch with the Marine coordinator for the show to get some behind the scenes insights.
Maybe I can get the story behind the broken arch.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:35 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RESTLESS
Jim's is safe and sound here in Greenville, Nc. Resting in a heated hanger for the winter. There are few like this around for sure. Besides mine and the one in Europe is there any others of the 6 from the show out there do we know? -Craig-
You mean your boat is.....lol
Old 02-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Registered

Default Dumas Scarab

I figured you guys would get a kick out of what I dug up out of my junk today.
Attached Thumbnails Wellcraft 38KV Scarab Miami Vice Editions-img_0414.jpg   Wellcraft 38KV Scarab Miami Vice Editions-img_0415.jpg   Wellcraft 38KV Scarab Miami Vice Editions-img_0416.jpg  

Wellcraft 38KV Scarab Miami Vice Editions-img_0417.jpg  
Old 02-20-2012, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Finney
I figured you guys would get a kick out of what I dug up out of my junk today.
That would look nice on my shelf.....hint, hint!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.