1996 Scarab Fuel Tank Depth >

1996 Scarab Fuel Tank Depth

Notices

1996 Scarab Fuel Tank Depth

Old 05-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 Scarab Fuel Tank Depth

I have to replace the fuel tank sending unit on my '96 29 Scarab.The shop put in a Livorsi self calibrating sending unit, but it will not work with the stock guage. Rather than replacing one guage, I decided to try the Moeller Reed Switch sending unit which I believe works with traditional older style guages.

The tank looks to be aluminum and using a dipstick, I measure it at 12.25 inches deep from the bottom of the tank to the top of the tank. This is a 100 gallon tank. I plan to use the 10 inch sending unit which should show empty with a small amount of fuel remaining in reserve and not project too near the bottom of the tank.

I am posting this so others will know the depth of their tank as I could not find this information elsewhere.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:05 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you ever find this information, i'm needing to know as well. replacing my auto meters with livorsi and livorsi needs to know to send correct sender