2001 Scarab 33 AVS >

2001 Scarab 33 AVS

Notices

2001 Scarab 33 AVS

Old 11-21-2012, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Scarab 33 AVS

Does anyone have any information on this boat? I received the Boat History Report from the broker and it shows that it is clean.

http://www.popyachts.com/View/7628/

I am somewhat new to powerboating and am looking for a used boat to put in the Chespeake Bay as my first boat personally owned, am debating between a Scarab, Sunsation, and Fountain around the 32' to 33' range. They all seem to have their own pros and cons but I like how the Scarab is appointed as well as the ride. What is the difference with the "Poker Run Edition"? Can I expect a positive experience with the Volvo's and the DPX drives? And finally, does this price seem reasonable for what it is? Any help/information is very helpful and much appreciated.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jeff P31
You will not like the DPX drive if you ever have to fix it !!!!!!!!!! Have a local guy with a 31 Scarab with 500 Volvo DPX , it run's great but every time he takes it out something in 1 of the drives breaks . And they make the Merc parts look cheap ! Which is to bad because it is a beautiful boat. just my .02
I have several 600 DPX packages I have sold.....some with 350 hrs. 33 and 38's....no drive failures.

Have a 99 33 AVS 600 boat for sale now...
Old 11-23-2012, 06:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by anchor
I have several 600 DPX packages I have sold.....some with 350 hrs. 33 and 38's....no drive failures.

Have a 99 33 AVS 600 boat for sale now...
Do you have some info on the 99 33 you currently have for sale? Where is it located?
Old 11-23-2012, 06:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by catmstr
Do you have some info on the 99 33 you currently have for sale? Where is it located?
The boat is in Maryland.
Email me [email protected]
Old 11-23-2012, 09:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by anchor
The boat is in Maryland.
Email me [email protected]
Email sent
Old 11-24-2012, 06:01 PM
Registered

No information or thoughts on this 2001 Scarab in the link?
Old 11-25-2012, 12:13 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

There is plenty of stuff out there for sale !! do not be in a rush to buy the first thing you see.......
1. Look for a fresh water boat first
2. Get the boat you like surveyed before you plunk down any money , worth the price and peace of mind.
3. Look for only super clean stuff ----- no junk or fixer uppers.
4. take some one with you that knows a lot about boats and listen to them,they will keep you out of trouble.
5.I do not know how old you are but you might want to get a insurance quote before you spend the money for the boat .

Good luck and have fun.

Jim
Old 11-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cigboat1
There is plenty of stuff out there for sale !! do not be in a rush to buy the first thing you see.......
1. Look for a fresh water boat first
2. Get the boat you like surveyed before you plunk down any money , worth the price and peace of mind.
3. Look for only super clean stuff ----- no junk or fixer uppers.
4. take some one with you that knows a lot about boats and listen to them,they will keep you out of trouble.
5.I do not know how old you are but you might want to get a insurance quote before you spend the money for the boat .

Good luck and have fun.

Jim
All good advice, thank you!
I am not in too big of a rush as I figure I have all winter to find a good candidate. I have been all over the classifieds for quite some time and have found everything from very clean boats to others that are in surprisingly bad condition for their year. A survey will be a must prior to any purchase for verification of condition. I did inquire on insurance on a few different models and insurance was cheaper than I thought and attainable.
Again, thanks for the advice.