On the hunt for a Miami Vice 38 KV >

On the hunt for a Miami Vice 38 KV

Notices

On the hunt for a Miami Vice 38 KV

Old 01-28-2013, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JetJock
That would be Don's boat. Wellcraft loaned him a 38KV Scarab and he had to give them back. I am sure there are a few 38KV's to copy that name in the past few years.

We have a video on the site with Don Johnson running around with Barbra Walters in the 38KV named "My Vice"

What do you know about the one that is "reportedly" tired up behind his Dad's house? I would like more info on that.
I think I read it on a web site. I'll research a bit but I think the story was related to Don's winning the Law Suite in the UK over rights to "Nash Bridges". Don was in tight shape financially and that settlement put him back in the "chips' in a major way. He celebrated reportedly by buying his Dad a place in Mo on a lake and put the KV there.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by P-Rob
I like to stay off the radar with all the social media scene so navigating Facebook is not an option

P-ROB
you and me both! good luck with your search, those are some cool scarabs!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:01 PM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if this is relevent or not but I thought I would mention it. A few years back I went and saw a 38 KV in New York near the Hudson and I-84. I don't remember the town but the boat was marroon , grey and white. A friend delivered it for an old guy who got in too deep with it with a resto project. It was totally apart when I saw it, sitting on a myco trailer. Even though I know its not one of THE ONES maybe someone on here has seen it too. The gentleman who owned it I think was sick. Sorry I don't know more. Might have some pics around. Good project for someone who wants those.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Takes me back...

I love the Facebook Page....takes me back to before "Vice".

I have lived in SE Florida since '76..and lived in Dade and Broward Counties during the '70's and '80's. Before Miami Vice, South Miami Beach was a sewer. Old run down Art Deco hotels, Pimps and Whores running the streets with derelicts and Drug Pushers. No body went south of the Fontainebleau and all of the Beach was past it's glory days when Sinatra, Martin and the Rat Pack were headliners at the Eden Roc and Fountainbleu.

Then Michael Mann sold the Pilot to NBC....Don Johnson standing on the steps of the "Carlisle" on Ocean Drive...watching some break dancer with a Boom Box. He turned to Jimmy Smits and said "Five Thousand Street Corners in Greater Miami ...and Gumby here has to pick ours!"

That was the beginning of the resurrection of South Miami Beach. After Season one finished in 1984 there was a real estate boom in South Beach that is still running crazy 30 years later. Miami Beach owes it all to Don Johnson, Michael Mann and Wellcraft Scarab 38 KV's

Last edited by sprink58; 01-28-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:45 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've put some thought to selling my 86 Vice edition.
It was repainted by Snap On, but the original colors are still there
Wayne
Old 01-29-2013, 05:15 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab kv
Wayne
I remeber the snap on boat I was running my Miami Vice KV in the 90's at the Pier 33 poker run and the snap on boat was there as well. Also i remeber a kv like mine but was painted all red. I still miss my Miami vice KV every day
Old 01-29-2013, 06:22 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Let's talk

Originally Posted by scarab kv
Wayne
If it's the one that was owned by the canadian publisher and sold to the Ross's I know the boat. Before the Ross's purchased it he brought it down to lake Erie to the Leamington Marina during a boat show, took a selected few for rides, Be nice to get it back home.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatme
I remeber the snap on boat I was running my Miami Vice KV in the 90's at the Pier 33 poker run and the snap on boat was there as well. Also i remeber a kv like mine but was painted all red. I still miss my Miami vice KV every day
Hey Mark, how have ya been?
Did you ever get a chance to dig up the info on your KV?
Still want to put together an album for your boat.
Wayne
Old 01-29-2013, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for directing us to the FB page! I am a huge fan of Miami Vice and the boats of course. Love all the photos!
Old 01-29-2013, 12:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by P-Rob
If it's the one that was owned by the canadian publisher and sold to the Ross's I know the boat. Before the Ross's purchased it he brought it down to lake Erie to the Leamington Marina during a boat show, took a selected few for rides, Be nice to get it back home.
Yes it is Bill's old boat.
I've put 50 hrs on it since I bought it from the Brian and Wilma.
The Borgs were the only things that weren't fresh when I picked it up.
Sent them to Tom Huber and had him go through them. Now rated for 650 hp
The graphics were removed when I picked it up. Was bummed about that, but understood from a legal stand point

Last edited by scarab kv; 01-29-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.