Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
Scarab 22 owners who run on the colorado river... Look here!!! >

Scarab 22 owners who run on the colorado river... Look here!!!

Notices

Old 03-28-2013, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys!

Just have a another prop question. My last thread was about top end speed, but now im focused on plane issues particularly in lake havasu or Laughlin... going up river...

i have a bone stock 1995 scarab 22 with a carbureted 454 and bravo one drive. [I] have a 23 pitch mirage (not a plus) and a 21 pitch mirage plus prop that i use. The 21p mirage is the one [I] use at havasu/laughlin. Great results with 2-4 150-180 lb. people.

My next trip will have 6 peeps a full tank of gas and a full cooler of beer and [I] know i will get embarrassing plane times going up river! [I] need to buy something better so maybe a 4 blade is in order! i heard of guys running 22-24 pitch bravo props with good results. Keep in mind i dont want to lose too much top end speed. Keep it in the 55-60 mph gps range.

Any other scarab 22 owners with similar problems? Any advice on the right prop that i should use in this situation? Thanks in advance!
Old 04-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Registered

I run a 24 bravo 4 blade and dont have this issue. However, I have done exhaust, heads, cam etc so it has around 450 HP now. When it was stock, the mirage was not the best prop when loaded down heavily.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Registered

i recently went from a 25p mirage II to a 24p 4 blade bravo and love it. Didnt loose any top end and jumps out of the hole now. Havent had many people in the boat yet with this prop but im sure its going to be way better