Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
New Scarab owner looking for info here. >

New Scarab owner looking for info here.

Notices

New Scarab owner looking for info here.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Scarab owner looking for info here.

This past weekend I picked up 1996 Scarab 26. I bought this boat in Holland, Mi. I am wondering if anyone on here might know who this boat used to belong to. I would like to know more about the motor, it is supposed to be a 550cu. in. it has headers and through hull exhaust. It also has Accel DFI injection on it and a Bravo X with Latham dual ram steering.
I believe this boat came from the other side of the state, since it has a map of lake St. Claire taped to the cutty slider. The boat is all white, with a tinted windshield, on an American aluminum trailer. If anyone has any information on this boat I would really like to know more about the power plant and drive in it.
Oh, and buy the way I have wanted one of these boats since they came out. I love it so far. I believe it used to have a super charger on it, since the boost and fuel pressure gauges are still on the dash and functioning. Funny thing is I can't get it past 0.lol
Old 07-31-2013, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, no one know anyone who might have had an all white 1996 Scarab 26 with all the good stuff hangin' off the backend, and a supercharged BBC in the Michigan area?
Old 07-31-2013, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

love to see some pics . got a friend who would kill for a 26 scarab , but they are so hard to find
Old 08-01-2013, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

Some time ago there was a thread on here about a supercharged 26 that was surprising alot of people. Apparently it was very fast. I dont know the color and I am too easily distracted to use the search function, but that shouldnt stop you. You might find some info on your boat, or at least some info that may be interesting to you.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was my good buddy Bill's boat he's from Bay City but now lives in Grand Rapids he could tell you anything you want to know, it did have a supercharger. He removed all the decals and added the bravo XR and hyd steering. He could never get the supercharger dialed in so he removed it.