blown drives

Notices

blown drives

Old 08-29-2013, 11:23 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blown drives

well what a terrible weekend!!! blew another drive up on my 38 avs. just way to much HP for those imco SC drives. i think they would be fine if you drive like a grandpa! motors are 1000hp a piece 540 with m4 prochargers and the torque those chargers spool up is amazing but very hard on drives. going to have to bite the bullet and put scx's on. best price so far is 10,300 a side, thats the upper the coupler to use my SC lowers the helmet and the new fluid reservoir. i guess thats what ill have to do. going to rebuild the starboard SC and sell both uppers. anybody have an idea what the SC uppers are worth??" thank god for rev limiters or i would be building a motor to! boat is awesome but i have to get the right drives or its just gonna be a constant problem. anybody have a better idea??????[ATTACH=CONFIG]507147[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails blown drives-photo-35-.jpg  
Old 08-30-2013, 01:26 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

What prop and mph you running
Old 08-30-2013, 01:42 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

http://www.konradmarine.com/8172.html bet you these would last but they aren't cheap
Old 08-30-2013, 02:01 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We have a solution....
Old 08-30-2013, 07:34 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

30 pitch labbed bravo 1 4 blade. 107 was the fastest on gps. spinning 5500-5700. it is a beast on midrange power it will sit u back in your seat! i thought about surface drives but everyone tells me my x dim. isnt right. i would have to redo the entire transom. for what arneson drives would cost plus re doing the transom i might as well just by the imco SCX's. what you guys think?
Old 08-30-2013, 07:36 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

oh yeah factory stellings ext. boxes
Old 08-30-2013, 10:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rik
We have a solution....
What are the bravo conversions going for? I have been toying with the idea of making the conversion. I have a scarab with built twin sbc's, that eats the OD's. Also how does the surface drive set up effect time to plane, and what are average top end increases on the older deep-V boats?

Thanks.

Last edited by MEANGREEN231; 08-30-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:07 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by hceb357sr1
30 pitch labbed bravo 1 4 blade. 107 was the fastest on gps. spinning 5500-5700. it is a beast on midrange power it will sit u back in your seat! i thought about surface drives but everyone tells me my x dim. isnt right. i would have to redo the entire transom. for what arneson drives would cost plus re doing the transom i might as well just by the imco SCX's. what you guys think?
You do not redo the transom as our standoff box covers your Bravo or I/O cutout so no glass work required. There is no "X" dimension concern with an Arneson. I think your getting a lot of mis-information. Hopefully it's not from the person/company that is selling you your Bravo parts.... Your boat will gain speed, handling and reliability and your not going to be searching for a solution any longer.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:11 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by MEANGREEN231
What are the bravo conversions going for? I have been toying with the idea of making the conversion. I have a scarab with built twin sbc's, that eats the OD's. Also how does the surface drive set up effect time to plane, and what are average top end increases on the older deep-V boats?

Thanks.
Getting on plane is not that much different. The Cleaver propellers require a little more rpm but that's the same for any drive with a cleaver propeller as it does not know it's being rotated by an Arneson or a Volvo for that matter.

Typical speed gains are 10 mph mid range and top end.

List prices shown http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o50788-en.html
Old 08-30-2013, 01:38 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heck $2,450.00 ain't bad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.