Notices

79' 377

Old 11-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 315duramax
I am in Syracuse. And at 20k is that really the price they go for?
I think he is high on the price. Steel trailer that has rust ans needs to be cleaned and painted. Scarab looks to be pretty original and in decent shape, but it is bottom painted. 454's and says it runs great, but no hours posted or info about rebuilds. No gps speed stated, middle of winter and no way to test. Also no info about a survey and what the stringer condition is. Answer all toes questions and it is probably worth somewhere in the $8k to $25k range, but I only saw a few pictures.

It is the exact boat I would love to do a full restore on by separating the deck off of it and redoing everything. Except it has bottom paint. Look at what that 38 kv sold for at auction, it was like 18k and it had some good money put into it recently.

Brian
Old 11-30-2013, 07:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

315Duramax, boats are not something to be "flipped" for easy cash. Especially really old boats like a 1979 Scarab. Below is a link for a not so old boat that was rebuilt by one of the best places in the USA and has been on the market for months. I think they did a great job and the boat is bad a$$ but why has nobody purchased it? Maybe because it is 99k for a 17 year old boat?? I don't know??

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o54440-en.html
Old 12-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are looking at doing it for yourself, go for it. If you are trying to flip it, save yourself the grief. People who are "known" in the industry have a tough time making money on redoing a boat. You will not get the money back out of it let alone any of your time.

Brian
Old 12-01-2013, 08:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

315Duramax, Here is the link to the build tread for that AT I posted above. It was a nice boat before they started and I think the original asking price was over 100k for the completed boat. So just more for you to read before you start your boat flipping business.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...pier-57-a.html