Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
Anyone know this older 377 Scarab?  Lake Huron boat >

Anyone know this older 377 Scarab? Lake Huron boat

Notices

Anyone know this older 377 Scarab? Lake Huron boat

Old 12-12-2013, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow, that's gotta be an experience pulling that with an RV...
Old 12-13-2013, 12:50 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

The Boat was docked on The Black river in Port Huron for Years it stayed in the water all summer long it was out on lake huron offten never very fast but always running it sat right off Water st. it was for sale for $15,000 for most of the summer.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice big engine compartment should come in handy for replaceing the transom and stringers. Sitting in the water all summer good chance its a little wet. How many screw holes do you think are in the transom form the replaced speedo over the years?
Old 12-13-2013, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I figured if I was buying it, it would be as a long term project. As in cover it up and store it for a few years until I was ready to rip into it after my Formula project. Remove the deck and replace most the wood as needed. It is one of my favorite boats and I have always wanted one. The problem now is I am located by Fort Wayne Indiana and I wonder just how much I would use it as compared to my 272. Lake Wawasee is 25 minutes from my house and has a beautiful boat launch. We camp up in Michigan around the Saugatuk / Holland area, but I think I would be lucky to use a boat 3 or 4 times a year on one of the big lakes, I think I need to do some serious thinking about what kind of boating I will be doing.

Granted, this boat is a huge project for someone. Not going to be an easy or quick one. Definitely not the type to "flip"!

Brian
Old 12-22-2013, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

did anyone ever go check out this boat?
Old 12-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No I didn't. The guy invited me down to take a look at it, it is about an hour away. If I am in Fort Wayne for something else, it is 30 minutes max. But it is Christmas season right now and Dang cold!!! single digits and up to the 20's right now, not really interested in crawling around a boat outside.

Brian