1999 scarab 33 avs >

1999 scarab 33 avs

Notices

1999 scarab 33 avs

Old 01-06-2014, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 scarab 33 avs

I am looking at buying the 33avs in classifeds what do u guys think that i would be at top speed with some 675hp blower motors and how would this boat handle at them speeds in small chop vs big waves and is this 33 avs worth 55k? Thanks
Old 01-06-2014, 06:54 PM
Registered

I actually spoke with the seller (Chris) if my memory serves me correct. I wanted to buy this boat - very bad. Mitcher T painted the boat (top deck). Mitch said the boat was show room condition when it left his shop. It is worth what someone is wiling to pay. I would have paid the asking price last summer for the boat but his wife and he decided to keep it one more summer. The seller is a nice guy to talk with. It has new (recent) : gauges, new interior - even in cuddy, sound system, motors were freshened up, drives were taken off and gone through, just about anything you can think of has been done, new cockpit cover, Im forgetting all the details. The blue motors in there should run high 70's low 80's. The volvo 600 motors in the 33 avs runs low 90's. With 675hp I would think your going to be low maybe mid 90's. I think handling wouldn't be an issue with factory power running very similar speeds. Scarabman is the guy you want to talk with. He owned a few of them.

Last edited by Crowney; 01-06-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

If your talking about the 33 in these classified boats ,Why no pictures of the engine comp? Motors have a lot of hours on them and no lower end work !!!!;On the plus side its a fresh water boat if the present owner is the original owner.... Appears to be a nice boat with the pictures showing , Ask for clearer and more pictures of the boat----- If you are going to put bigger motors in the drives will never hold up to blower motors with the horsepower you are looking at......The price seems

Jim
Old 01-07-2014, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have a few minutes... this 33 AVS ran 118 I believe.

http://midwestboatparty.com/forum/sh...ect&highlight=
Old 01-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Registered

I wouldn't touch it with those engines in there. The reason being blowers are very unreliable. Sure it sounds cool and gives you more speed. However your going to have engine problems and sinking your money into it. I would walk away from that boat. The Scarab 33AVS is an awesome boat though. Their are other ones out there that have a stock engines. This would be the route I would go. The Scarab 33 AVS with stock engines is the way to go.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:09 AM
Registered

I am basically concerned that this boat is not worth asking price ? It looks very clean i have a guy going to look at it for me its 6 hrs away if he says its worth the 6 hr ride i will be going to see it but is it priced right iam not totally sure i think the seller is over his head in it due to totally redoing the interior and paint making it not worth the asking price due to its age i nada the boat and they say 40k .... how does this boat handle in rough water is my next question some days we get big water around here and i want to be confident that we will enjoy the ride at 65mph or so ...if you guy have any imput that i have forgotten please include thanks
Old 01-08-2014, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Nick
I wouldn't touch it with those engines in there. The reason being blowers are very unreliable. Sure it sounds cool and gives you more speed. However your going to have engine problems and sinking your money into it. I would walk away from that boat. The Scarab 33AVS is an awesome boat though. Their are other ones out there that have a stock engines. This would be the route I would go. The Scarab 33 AVS with stock engines is the way to go.
I have been running superchargers on my boat engines since 2008. Never had an engine issue related to the blowers whatsoever. Several of my boating friends have been running blowers also. If the engines are built and tuned properly, there is absolutely nothing wrong with running a supercharger. They are unreliable if the person installing them doesn't know anything about superchargers in marine applications.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by gary20099formula
I am basically concerned that this boat is not worth asking price ? It looks very clean i have a guy going to look at it for me its 6 hrs away if he says its worth the 6 hr ride i will be going to see it but is it priced right iam not totally sure i think the seller is over his head in it due to totally redoing the interior and paint making it not worth the asking price due to its age i nada the boat and they say 40k .... how does this boat handle in rough water is my next question some days we get big water around here and i want to be confident that we will enjoy the ride at 65mph or so ...if you guy have any imput that i have forgotten please include thanks
I wouldn't put much faith in what NADA is saying. 40k for a 33AVS scarab would be a steal, and it would be sold imo at that price already. The 33 AVS is a very capable rough water boat for its size. Its also relatively fast for its size. My friend has one with HP500 mercs, and its a solid 80mph boat all day. I think his best is about 82.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I wouldn't put much faith in what NADA is saying. 40k for a 33AVS scarab would be a steal, and it would be sold imo at that price already. The 33 AVS is a very capable rough water boat for its size. Its also relatively fast for its size. My friend has one with HP500 mercs, and its a solid 80mph boat all day. I think his best is about 82.
And, technically, its for sale...send me a pm for more info...

33AVS is a pretty good rough water boat...I've seen our buddy Dennis out in some Lake Michigan snot, and the boat ran extremely well through it.

675 per side...that thing would be a rocket ship...
Old 01-08-2014, 08:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
And, technically, its for sale...send me a pm for more info...

33AVS is a pretty good rough water boat...I've seen our buddy Dennis out in some Lake Michigan snot, and the boat ran extremely well through it.

675 per side...that thing would be a rocket ship...
Is he selling it? That's a nice boat, on a nice trailer too. Might be worth it for Gary20099Formula to come check it out while hes out this way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.