Picked Up A Scarab 21...clean boat >

Picked Up A Scarab 21...clean boat

Notices

Picked Up A Scarab 21...clean boat

Old 06-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked Up A Scarab 21...clean boat

Been a while since I have been in a good boat....lol. Been cruising the ski boat and the pontoon for tooooo long. Last week I stumbled across this beauty, owned by a 78 year old gentleman. 1985 Scarab 1, 21 footer. Its the perfect lake boat. Boat was put in an aircraft hanger in 2001, climate controlled and out of the elements and left there. Last year he got it out, did a mild SBC repower, rewired, outdrive rebuilt, and went thru the hull. Gel is in near perfect condition, interior was a 7.5 out of a 10. It even has the original pinstripes and the original pioneer cassette player....the damn thing still works!!!! He ran her a few times and decided it was a bit of a challenge for him getting in and out of it at his age. Found it online, his 84 year old neighbor had just listed it for him....as a wellcraft scariable...lol. I went and looked at it Friday and didn't even try to negotiate...dropped the cash that quick. I plan to do an interior redo this fall or winter and the boat will be a 9.5 easy. We took her out the weekend...these little 21s are great lake boats. 61.8 mph with a 19 prop on the GPS.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:20 AM
Registered

Nice boat, I used to have an 86 that was a blast. Good luck
Old 06-02-2014, 08:05 AM
Registered

Good Looking Scarab, enjoy it!
Old 06-02-2014, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

WOW