Windscreen bushings 1985 Scarab 1 >

Windscreen bushings 1985 Scarab 1

Notices

Windscreen bushings 1985 Scarab 1

Old 07-08-2014, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windscreen bushings 1985 Scarab 1

I have seen a few of you guys replace the windscreens, just wondering if anyone has an idea where the bushings can be purchased online....a part # would be sweet. I finally got around to getting my 85 Scarab 1 windscreen redone and need these bushings. By the way, $300 for both pieces done from lexan, didn't think that was a bad price at all, should be able to pick them up at the end of this week. The originals I am gonna have wrapped in carbon fiber, see how they will look as well.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If these bushings are the round stainless bushings that screw one either side of the windscreen and connect together, then I may have a few. Was just about to throw these away last week , but thought they might just come in handy. If you can post a picture of one on here , I can then tell you if they are the same. I am away from home this week so cant check how many I have but you can have them for the cost of the postage.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey...thats the ones!!! I just got home from vacation as well, will get you some photos though. I wound up using the stainless washers with an o-ring front and rear of the lexan. So far so good, can't complain and have had the boat out of the water a time or two in some rough.....I am waiting for that "crack" though!