What is your opinion of this 38? >

What is your opinion of this 38?

Notices

What is your opinion of this 38?

Old 07-09-2015, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Michaeloh59
The glass is mostly nice, bad beach rash is the only issue. The upholstery is decent, faded, needs repair in a couple places. The cockpit needs love. Trailer is painted and could use paint and a little tlc. Motors run strong.

The cabin on the 38s has lots of details and features that I don't see on the 33s, such as shelves and lighting. And that cabin is going to require some time on a lot of minor issues.

As for restoration the owner has had the boat for a long time and over the years has done some small glass mods ( moved engine ventilation grate and replaced with metal grate on top of the engine hatch), removed the fridge from cabin, and designed his own interior, which is done very well bur upholstery looks like it has been beat by the sun.
out of curiosity how do you know if the engines "run strong" if it only hit 4500?
Old 07-09-2015, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with 90, based on your posts OP, I'd be leery. If the owner can't drive the boat and show it performs, I would have thrown on my life jacket and ejected. Unless your looking to put time and money in it. It also sounds like your gut is telling you something. That model boat is really sharp. Good luck.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stimleck
out of curiosity how do you know if the engines "run strong" if it only hit 4500?
I could modify my statement by saying ithey felt and sounded strong from 1000Rs through 4500Rs.