New 29' Scarab >

New 29' Scarab

Notices

New 29' Scarab

Old 01-08-2016, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 29' Scarab

Finalized everything on my 1999 Scarab 29 that was purchased brand new from Welcraft by Flag Ship Marine as a blank with every option except the engine and was used for Mercruiser's mock ups and has never been registered or tagged until today. This boat has 3 hours on the hull with a brand new crate 502 and IMCO race out drive is being buttoned up as I post this today. We will have the fuel system checked and cleaned Wednesday and do a shake down run Thursday of next week. Will post pics from my desktop tonight.

Almost forgot to mention that it has been in a tempature controlled storage wharehouse all this time, it still smells new!

Last edited by RhinoRob; 01-08-2016 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Left something out
Old 01-08-2016, 02:40 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Sounds AWESOME.

Heads up: be very careful on the vents on the aft sides.
They are no longer made. Quite a few 26' Scarab and 29' Scarab owners have had to have something custom fabricated to recover from damage. There are several posts on this topic over the years.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:34 PM
Registered

Amen to that !
Old 01-09-2016, 08:17 PM
Registered

Thank you for the heads up! I will be very careful
Old 01-10-2016, 09:46 PM
Registered

Where's those pic's

Originally Posted by RhinoRob
Finalized everything on my 1999 Scarab 29 that was purchased brand new from Welcraft by Flag Ship Marine as a blank with every option except the engine and was used for Mercruiser's mock ups and has never been registered or tagged until today. This boat has 3 hours on the hull with a brand new crate 502 and IMCO race out drive is being buttoned up as I post this today. We will have the fuel system checked and cleaned Wednesday and do a shake down run Thursday of next week. Will post pics from my desktop tonight.

Almost forgot to mention that it has been in a tempature controlled storage wharehouse all this time, it still smells new!
Old 01-14-2016, 10:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 01scarab29
Where's those pic's
All of these where taken in the warehouse before we got it home and started cleaning over a decade worth of dirt and dust off here.

Bringing her home!

Will send up to date pictures as we finish the cleaning.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Looking good, congratulations! Flag Ship Marine don't happen to have another one with 3 hours on it hiding in a shed......?

Is that trailer a bit short? Maybe the winch post needs to come forward a bit. Just looks like her bum is hanging out a long way....

Great find.

RR
Old 01-14-2016, 07:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 374 Likes on 140 Posts

Great find ! but the first thing that you need too do is get rid of the drive spacer that drive looks to be very very low. Stand off box and a drive spacer that boat has to be a handful. Also if you need side vents we made them in stainless.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:06 PM
Registered

Do you intend to tow with the Jeep all the time ?
Old 01-15-2016, 07:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Team Archer
Great find ! but the first thing that you need too do is get rid of the drive spacer that drive looks to be very very low. Stand off box and a drive spacer that boat has to be a handful. Also if you need side vents we made them in stainless.
Thanks! We are looking forward to getting in the water soon.
Flagship used to rig a lot of offshore racing boats so hence the IMCO set up, spoke to the gentleman who rigged it and he said it actually handles very well so long as the trim tabs are left straight out, he said it rides a little higher on plane but handles well. I am going to have my friends from Phantom 9 Racing come to our shop and help finish tweaking the set up since we are looking at being their safety boat for the 2016 race season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.