Looking for Scarab 1 >

Looking for Scarab 1

Notices

Looking for Scarab 1

Old 10-24-2016, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for Scarab 1

Looking to purchase a well maintained, freshwater Scarab 1 that has been kept on a trailer and under cover.

Any and all leads appreciated.

Ed
Old 10-27-2016, 05:12 AM
Registered

Received 635 Likes on 293 Posts

Head across the border and pick this up instead of paying $7k-$8k for a clean looking Scarab 1 that still got rot hidden everywhere. You'd have to find one where the owner already did all the glass work. Don't want to come across negative, but most of us like boating more than shop work. Maybe the Superboat could be bought for $15k and it doesn't seem to need anything. Best of luck. A Scarab 23 SCS is a great choice too if you don't need much storage space. They were laid up by Team Scarab in California, so no wood, but the best composites and even Kevlar49. They were mighty pricey new and handle great!
http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...foe-sale/page2
Old 10-27-2016, 09:05 AM
Registered

That looks like Murray's boat! I would own it in a heartbeat, but can't afford it now.

I sold one of the nicest 21 Superboats in the country 3 years ago. It had a 300X Promax on it. I currently own a 28 Nordic Heat but have since suffered from deterioration in my spine that makes launching and recovering that boat very difficult for me. I have to have someone with me when I boat and that is not always easy when boating on weekdays.

Yes. I know about rot, having restored a Formula that had it hidden everywhere.

Last edited by rotorr22; 10-27-2016 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much you looking to spend
Old 10-29-2016, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 87 scarab 1 with a 555 big block with a bravo outdrive with imco shorty boat runs real good all glass work is done
Old 10-29-2016, 11:00 PM
Registered

Very nice setup. My wilder boat is my Nordic. Looking for more of a stocker in a 21.

Thanks!!
Old 10-31-2016, 03:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rotorr22
That looks like Murray's boat! I would own it in a heartbeat, but can't afford it now.

I sold one of the nicest 21 Superboats in the country 3 years ago. It had a 300X Promax on it. I currently own a 28 Nordic Heat but have since suffered from deterioration in my spine that makes launching and recovering that boat very difficult for me. I have to have someone with me when I boat and that is not always easy when boating on weekdays.

Yes. I know about rot, having restored a Formula that had it hidden everywhere.
Like Your spirit! No medical issues is stopping You from boating. Funny coincidence You already knew of that specific Superboat and that You had one once. Let's keep this thread going and the right Scarab 1 might appear. Close call on the Hipo 555" one, but must agree that it's a little extreme.
https://books.google.com/books?id=Uj...page&q&f=false
Old 10-31-2016, 09:49 AM
Registered

The point you made regarding rot is the biggest issue I'm facing and can't say I'm surprised. I'm a fanatic about keeping a boat DRY between uses.

This search is going to be a tough one and I'm not a young buck anymore. Most of the internet sites are useless, as the boats that are featured have been sold long ago. There are not a lot of these things out there and beaters abound. Half the people on CL don't even respond to an inquiry, but that is probably due, in part, to all of the scammers out there.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rotorr22
The point you made regarding rot is the biggest issue I'm facing and can't say I'm surprised. I'm a fanatic about keeping a boat DRY between uses.

This search is going to be a tough one and I'm not a young buck anymore. Most of the internet sites are useless, as the boats that are featured have been sold long ago. There are not a lot of these things out there and beaters abound. Half the people on CL don't even respond to an inquiry, but that is probably due, in part, to all of the scammers out there.
All so very true. Not sure if You're searching all the good forums out there, but I'm frequenting quite a few and I got feeling You do to. Boaters are usually a very helpful bunch so maybe get a thread going, if You already haven't, on for example; riverdavesplace.com, donzi.net, screamandfly.com, performanceboats.com etc. It's sad that so few of these pretty little boats did survive 'till now. Happy hunting and You will no doubt make helpful friends along the way as always. Happy Halloween, Lars.

Last edited by larslindroth; 10-31-2016 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:26 PM
Registered

Thanks, Lars. Yep, I'm a veteran of sites like S&F. That is how I found my Superboat back in the 90's. I lucked out finding someone who knows how to take care of things

I've been around here for years. I just re-registered due to chronic issue I had logging in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.