93 31 Thunder questions >

93 31 Thunder questions

Notices

93 31 Thunder questions

Old 08-06-2017, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 20 Posts
Default 93 31 Thunder questions

Im looking at this 93 31 Thunder. The cabin floor (not the cockpit floor) is a little soft to step on in one spot. Is this common? Is it difficult to repair? According to the survey the rest of the boat is between 12 and 15% moisture. And yes I live in Canada funky camper tops are common on offshores as it can be 90 during the day and cool right off in the evenings and no we dont drive the boat when they are up we take them down Thanks

Last edited by pullmytrigger; 08-06-2017 at 09:14 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

I have been in a couple of that era, and have not seen soft cabin floors, but have seen soft cockpit floors just in front of the rear bench. Is there a drain hole right at the bottom of the step into the cabin?
Old 08-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by scarabman
I have been in a couple of that era, and have not seen soft cabin floors, but have seen soft cockpit floors just in front of the rear bench. Is there a drain hole right at the bottom of the step into the cabin?
Hmmmm I remember seeing a drain hole, a round hole in the carpet big enough to put your thumb in with no bezel or cover. The carpet was pushed down in there and glued. If i remember correctly it was at the forward end of the cabin though. Thanks
Old 08-07-2017, 09:18 AM
Registered

He said he already took out and reinforced the the center part of the cockpit floor. You can see where that section is removable.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 370 Likes on 137 Posts

It is fairly common to find a soft floor in the cabin. Most of the time its from storing the boat on the trailer with the bow down so the water won't drain out. Its a fairly simple repair.