SCARAB NINJA Special >

SCARAB NINJA Special

Notices

SCARAB NINJA Special

Old 05-29-2007, 04:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 963b
Latest pic of mine.Got it all buffed out and installed the windshield today. Still not sure what graphics to put on it. I'm thinkin something " Tribel" silver and purple with the scarab lettering done in Aluminum tread plate? What do ya think?
Nice looking boat with black hull The graphics idea sounds also great !First thought that i would keep the original graphics but change the colors...But have also an idea of using barbed wire graph with red and silver colors...Difficult to decide If anyone has ideas just put them out here
Old 05-29-2007, 04:39 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saki.
Check them valves..one might float alittle, hence the low comp on one cyl, about the firing problem, new sparkplugs, sparkplug wires, distributor cap and stator should do the trick.
If it has floated long enough a valve might have burnt (an exhaust in this case) but I doubt it.
Like I said that engine was the one I was more worried about.

Check also that the exhaust manifolds and neck doesn´t leak into the exhaust->cylinders...sure way to totally destroy an engine is neglecting that, especially every fall you should take them off.
It has only 8 hrs on the engines so I never went higher than 3000 with them..they barely got warm on an hours drive...(remember that one...no up to plane for the first 30 minutes in our cold waters)
I´d keep the original graphics/maybe different colours and paint/vinyl the rear all gloss black (a´la early Cigarettes) and lose that swim step...but thenagain I´m a hardcore oldschooler so don´t listen to me :-)

PS just for the heck of it...look at this one...
Black Ninja

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 05-29-2007 at 04:42 AM.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Here is my baby.
Notice the fiberglass windscreen.
Custom graphics and all.
Updated in 98.
Attached Thumbnails SCARAB NINJA Special-extreme1.jpg  
Old 05-29-2007, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Latest pic of mine.Got it all buffed out and installed the windshield today. Still not sure what graphics to put on it. I'm thinkin something " Tribel" silver and purple with the scarab lettering done in Aluminum tread plate? What do ya think?

LOOOKS NICE...

I WOULD KEEP IN KINDA OLD SCHOOL LOOKIN...
Old 05-29-2007, 04:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
Saki.
Check them valves..one might float alittle, hence the low comp on one cyl, about the firing problem, new sparkplugs, sparkplug wires, distributor cap and stator should do the trick.
If it has floated long enough a valve might have burnt (an exhaust in this case) but I doubt it.
Like I said that engine was the one I was more worried about.

Check also that the exhaust manifolds and neck doesn´t leak into the exhaust->cylinders...sure way to totally destroy an engine is neglecting that, especially every fall you should take them off.
It has only 8 hrs on the engines so I never went higher than 3000 with them..they barely got warm on an hours drive...(remember that one...no up to plane for the first 30 minutes in our cold waters)
I´d keep the original graphics/maybe different colours and paint/vinyl the rear all gloss black (a´la early Cigarettes) and lose that swim step...but thenagain I´m a hardcore oldschooler so don´t listen to me :-)

PS just for the heck of it...look at this one...
Black Ninja

Hi,thanks for the complete info...We do have at the time more and moe problems with the right hand engine,the one behind the driver's seat.We have changed spark plugs,spark plug wires,"virranjakan kansi,pyörijät".We discovered at the first when we got the boat,when we were measuring "puristukset" that one of the spark plug wires was cut off/broken.The same cylinder,where this wire was broken,had not more than just under 8 ,where the other cylinders gave results of 11 .

Then there was also a problem with the choke,it was forced to be open/on.Why would this be ???
If possible,we can continue writing and also maybe in Finnish so it is easier,here is my email : [email protected] .
Old 05-29-2007, 06:42 PM
Registered
VIP Member

34 scarab That looks awsome!! Where did you find the windscreen? or did you have it made?
Old 05-29-2007, 07:49 PM
Registered

Cool

Originally Posted by 34scarab
I have the same boat!
I guess that account for 2 of them.
From what I know, heard, this was a limited run, but not too sure how limited. I gather there was some "copy right" infringement with the name "NINJA', Kawasaki comes to mind.
Anyway, they continued on with the hull, but dropped the NINJA for RAIDER.
I have seen them with OB's too.
It has Kevlar in the hull layup to lighten things up.
it is a pretty fast hull for its day.
For me, I have owned mine since 92.
I love the ride in the rough water.
It is a beast.
Due to transom problem, damn, I went through a major overhaul and update of the boat back in 98.
You'd never recognize it today.
Good luck and happy boating.

Scott
Hey Scott,

Did anyone ever put a cardboard sign on your boat with the word "Formula" on it??
Old 05-30-2007, 04:18 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

34 scarab That looks awsome!! Where did you find the windscreen? or did you have it made?
Sakis boat has a fiberglass fairing from day one..so guess thats an option like the interior on that boat ?
Old 05-31-2007, 01:21 PM
Registered

Interesting.....
Old 05-31-2007, 01:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Outlaw30, Nope. Maybe a Cig emblem though.

963b: Thanks, through a lot of tedious work, including repalcing the transom, I fabricated it myself. It has held up extremely well over 10 yrs. of use. I do get a lot of compliments on it. It even has an enclsed head now too!

MikeyFIN: To the best of my knowledge, the NiNJA never was offered with a FG windscreen. May be wrong, but I'd bet $$ on it.

Quick Reply: SCARAB NINJA Special

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.