Pachanga Upholstery >

Pachanga Upholstery

Notices

Pachanga Upholstery

Old 06-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pachanga Upholstery

Anyone that ownes or owned a Pachanga have any source for seats that will replace the stock front seats. I would like an exact replacement but i know they wouldn't be available really. My seat backs are broken so reupholstering them might not be feasable. Something close in size and colors would be nice. Any help is appreciated.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:00 AM
Registered

good luck with this search, I have been looking for quite some time for the back rests for our pachanga 32, the second owner took them out and who knows where they went off too. I am assuming by your post you have already gone to the upholstery shop and they have told you the originals could not be saved?
Old 06-22-2007, 09:32 AM
Registered

Not yet but the seat backs are pretty bad. I don't want the down time either but I guess I'll try it out.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Registered

I had the same issue with my seats. people were grabbing the head rest to aid them self getting up. I couldn't find good used set or a good replacement. So I took mine apart and found a molded like base in-forced with wire, it had split apart, as well the wood was rotten. I caulk it back together with liquid nail and braced it with racket straps and let it set for 2 days. I replaced all the wood using the old peaces as a template. Then I bought some 1 inch flat steal stock and wielded up a cradle that sat inside the seat and anchored it in with 3 , 4 inch stainless steal bolts with big washers on the back side. I hand stitched up some of the seams that were bad and then took the foam and upholstery to the laundry mat. I was amazed at how good thy looked taking them out of the dryer. The hardest part was stretching the skins back on and stapling in place. Thy look great and are very sturdy now and I saved $500 doing it myself.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:08 AM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I had mine rebuilt/fiber-glassed. I have pictures some where of the guys work. It cost me around $1,000 for both seats and no upholstery work. Then a year later I had all the upholstery redone.
When I purchased the boat the drivers seat was broke and the passanger seat came in a bag of broken parts.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Gold Member

Default seats

overtons.com.have some seats that are close.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure if you worked with a local shop you could peice together something similiar or rebuild the originals. I think megabite had the right idea. you could always pull the old ones apart and use them as a template for a new structure.
just like anything on an old boat, its not a matter of can it be fixed, its a matter of how much do you want to pay.
If it makes you feel any better I get the joy of trying to figure out a way of reupholestring the rear bench seat and back and having it match the perfectly good sundeck and buckets. for some reason only the rear bench is shot everything else is in excellent condition, I have no idea why.

Last edited by blckkat; 02-15-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:45 PM
Registered

Default Bucket Seats

JEGS has racing seats that were an easy fit for my '86 22'.
Im still rebuilding my originals, but its a long slow road. I reglassed the old and did a pretty good first shot at the passenger side. First time on the sewing machine, so I learned from my mistakes.

If you go with the JEGS racing seats, you'll need to offset the angle of the seats, if you dont they lean back to far.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We completely redone a 22 Pachanga and could not locate the correct matching vinyl even though we worked for Sea Ray/Baja Marine until 2008. We did match the seats as best we could, and the customer was very happy with our work.

www.xt-innovations.com

XT
Attached Thumbnails Pachanga Upholstery-imgp5670.jpg   Pachanga Upholstery-imgp5671.jpg  
Old 04-22-2016, 11:38 PM
Registered

Hi, looks like I may have a hard time finding what I am looking for! I really want a factory engine hatch skin for my 1988 Pachanga 22 ( It is blue,) I have already replaced the wood, someone else made a plain blue cover for it, but I want the original with the stripes! can anyone help me? Thanks, prboatdoc

Quick Reply: Pachanga Upholstery

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.