Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sea Ray
who's working on their Pachanga this winter? >

who's working on their Pachanga this winter?

Notices

who's working on their Pachanga this winter?

Old 02-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

blckkat, mine was running around 190 off of well water.....and passing some steam. I just didn't feel comfortable with it. Flow does seem to be equal between sides. I am replacing my manifolds and risers just to get rid of all that weight...plus it should improve the exhaust flow. The ones I took off look to be in good shape and I hope to sell them in the future. I couldn't believe that they are true mercruiser parts. From what I can tell my boat has been in MS, CT, RI and now MD. I should have bought one in better condition but I guess I felt sorry for it. One thing about Pachanga's .....If someone asks you what kind of boat you have there are very few that haven't heard of the Pachanga.
B.A.D.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Registered

ya 190 would worry me too. you'll have to keep us posted on how it turns out, I'll be anxious to see how the exhaust works out. I hear the actual hp rating aren't real big, but if you're upgrading from the original cast irons, you'll probably drop a good 80lbs. I hear upgrading to a larger flame arrestor helps a little too are you planning on keeping the "sea-pac" mufflers?
I think you and I are one of the few with SBC Pachanga's on here. I'll be anxious to GPS her in Spring just to see what warmed over SBC pachanga's do. one of the owners upgraded the cam, rocker arms, and intake manifold.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To BAD, you may want to invest in "fresh water cooling" cuts on electrolosis, will keep motor a more constant temp.

Blckkat, I had the same issue w/ my manifolds EMI, changed T stat, whole nine yards...one side will always flow slightly more..Small block did it, so did the 502, as long as the temps are close it's ok. Don't feel at idle, try in N on trailer at cruising rpm. it's just the way water flows through the stat at lower rpms; it never divides evenly.

A good vynal shop should be able to duplicate the " Pachanga" decal.
The "sea pac" mufflers are a very efficiant can. They look silly but flow very well, give a sweet sound also.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Registered

Default Rebuilding my Drives on the 1987 32" Pachanga this weekend

Getting ready for Spring Time Figured I should overhaul them.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pocketchange22
Blckkat, I had the same issue w/ my manifolds EMI, changed T stat, whole nine yards...one side will always flow slightly more..Small block did it, so did the 502, as long as the temps are close it's ok. Don't feel at idle, try in N on trailer at cruising rpm. it's just the way water flows through the stat at lower rpms; it never divides evenly.

A good vynal shop should be able to duplicate the " Pachanga" decal.
The "sea pac" mufflers are a very efficiant can. They look silly but flow very well, give a sweet sound also.
good stuff, I feel better about the steam issue then. ya I don't think I'll ever loose the mufflers, it is a different sound besides I think that's the wife's favorite part of the boat she'd probably be pretty upset if I removed them
Old 02-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Registered

My mufflers were removed when I bought the boat.....I thought it sounds pretty cool the way it is ...But, from what you guys are saying ...I might just put them back on to see what it sounds like.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Shoulda Woulda Coulda
Platinum Member

I'm seriously toying with the idea of picking up an 87 22... Looks clean but not much maintenance history. Plus its a long haul to get it back home. 7.4 w/ an Alpha... Any thoughts or advice? I'm sure that I'll be working on it soon if I pull the trigger... - Chris
Old 02-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Registered

Two Bad,
mufflers just basically drop some dB's out, but don't kill off the v8 grumble. sort of like hooking up a set of flowmasters.
here is a little compilation to give you some idea. its just a nice balance so you can hear the motor but you don't have to yell or crank the hell out of stereo when your on board.

Last edited by blckkat; 02-14-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:50 PM
Registered

Blckkat: Sounds great. but, after listening to yours I don't think I want my wife to know that it could be any quieter!!! I don't want to spoil her just yet. If It is truly tooooo loud I'll put them on to soooooth the savage beast.
B.A.D.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

If you are running 190 you might want to back flush the oil cooler. Impeller parts could be in there.
I have a shop in town that has made multiple sets of decal's for me. I scratched them docking.
Steam is no big deal, hot water mixing with cold. Mine does it on the hose, in the spring, and in the fall.
Enjoy

I have a 496 with no mufflers. The guy in the slip behind me alwasy had a comment. So I had a decal made for the back of the boat.
IF ITS TO LOUD
YOU ARE TO OLD

Last edited by 1BIGJIM; 02-20-2008 at 09:16 PM.

Quick Reply: who's working on their Pachanga this winter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.