Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sea Ray
who's working on their Pachanga this winter? >

who's working on their Pachanga this winter?

Notices

who's working on their Pachanga this winter?

Old 02-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm replacing my stock cast iron exhaust manifolds with GLM aluminum, removed mufflers and thinking about changing intakes, with twin 454s this should shave 350-400 Lbs off the ars end of my boat!!
Old 02-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Registered

1BIGJIM - Your signage is great.....Thanks for the advise on cooling but, My problems ran far deeper than that. Just about everything is new except the block and that was replaced in2006 and was neat as a pin inside. It's still heavy winter here so I won't be sure if I solved my issues for another month. New thermostat hsg, edelbrock air gap intake, holley carb, engine and outdrive water pumps, hosing, GLM exhaust manifolds it all adds up to a ton of money. Fun is expensive or maybe I should consider it therapy.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:56 AM
Registered

well, small update, upholstery is on the tail end of being finished. (pics coming soon!) I scored a good deal on a 23p mirage and I think I'll be adding a new cabin headliner to the list. Should get into the repair shop soon to take care of some stress cracks on the top deck. may delete the center safety line and hardware but I can't make up my mind if I should keep it or not. it looks sort of 80's but it's sort a signature trait of a Pachanga...any thoughts?

after talkin with the repair shop for the stress cracks it looks like we're gonna pull the liner out and reinforce the underside of the deck with some new glass when the stress cracks get repaired. was sort of hoping I wouldn't need that major of a repair, but might as well do it right.
I don't know how you guys are coping, but I'm tired of having to see my boat buried in snow! I just want to get to work on it already! not asking much just some low 50's and sunshine
Old 03-14-2008, 06:02 AM
Registered

well finally got the seats back from upholestry, no more embroidered logo but I'll manage especially for not having pink cracked seats
before:

after:
Old 03-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Registered

Looks like you got a nice job.
B.A.D.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That interior looks great!
Old 04-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Registered

After a winter of working on my nightmare.....I was rewarded today. The weather has finallly stablized enough to start the engine after completeing alot of work on it. It started great and ran almost perfect out of the box. Very crisp throttle response and running cool for the first time. What a differece a ton of money makes...........Oh...Did I mention how smooth it ran? I know they always run the best before they blow.....
B.A.D.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anyone tried removing the small ramps or built in tabs on the bottom in the rear on there 22i have a built 383 in mine and it feels like i can't get the bow up high enough without blowing the prop out of the water
Old 04-20-2008, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Flamingo 32
I'm replacing my stock cast iron exhaust manifolds with GLM aluminum, removed mufflers and thinking about changing intakes, with twin 454s this should shave 350-400 Lbs off the ars end of my boat!!
Roy,
After talking to you you other day, I ordered the GLM's too. Not a bad looking exhaust, tons cheaper than anything else out there. I did mainly for wieght reduction in the stern too. If I get a little boost from them, it's a bonus. I ordered mine from The Boat Store out of Beverly Mass. They are supplying me with nice stainless risers instead of the GLM aluminum risers. Thanks for the tip.
Dave
Old 05-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Registered

Okay another update, got the deck repaired. was going to delete the center safety line, but decided it was just too "classic" to loose. done with the expensive stuff, now just a bunch of little stuff....well for this year anyways

Quick Reply: who's working on their Pachanga this winter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.