Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Sea Ray (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sea-ray-224/)
-   -   who's working on their Pachanga this winter? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sea-ray/179293-whos-working-their-pachanga-winter.html)

blckkat 02-07-2008 11:31 AM

who's working on their Pachanga this winter?

so what work has everyone got planned for their pachanga's this winter? boat is all wrapped up right now, but soon as I get some warm days some work begins. here is my list:
-reupholster rear seat
-remove the oxidation in the gel (I hate pink):D
-have alpha gone through (loose gimbal, and clicking noise)
-change to a 3 blade Mirage 23p
-repair stress cracks
-new Pachanga logo's
-complete polish on entire boat
-bleed trailer brakes/replace fluid
-replace battery boxes

if my alpha turns out toast I may see if I can't go Alpha SS:evilb: but I may wait on that along with some other future motor upgrades till next year

1BIGJIM 02-09-2008 02:32 PM

I did not know they put the Alpha on a 91 unless its a small block?
I posted a ALPHA SS here on the boards a few months. Went within a week for $1,600.

Two B.A.D. 02-10-2008 06:26 AM

Good luck on your rear seat ....if that includes the bolster ...when I took mine out, the wood was rotten....what A Pain...Sea Ray made it out of 8 pieces of irregular shaped wood. This was bolted, bracketed, glued and nailed together.
When I tryed to remove the vinyl and foam from the wooden frame it kinda just fell apart..I attempted to use the old parts as templates but the first one I made didnt fit very well. So using the boat as the template I made parts from luan and then tranfered them over to marine plywood. Well now I have an all new interior (carpet included). Many hours of labor and about 2k later.
Good luck
B.A.D.

pocketchange22 02-10-2008 10:56 AM

work on pachag's

Im going to do some thing really diffrent......leave it alone. (ha ha)
Almost done with sanding, can't wait for spring to paint.
BLCKKAT, lets see some pics when finished. Good luck on all the projects!

blckkat 02-11-2008 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Two B.A.D. (Post 2439664)
Good luck on your rear seat ....if that includes the bolster ...when I took mine out, the wood was rotten....what A Pain...Sea Ray made it out of 8 pieces of irregular shaped wood. This was bolted, bracketed, glued and nailed together.....

Good luck
B.A.D.

ya I wish I would have taken pics with the seat apart, sounds like the same thing you had, the rear bolster was nasty luckily I was able to disassemble it without destroying anything. so I have a good template to pull from. I'll definately post before and after pics. unfortnately no more pachange logo embroidered in the bolster:(

also had a nice day saturday to start wet sanding and polishing. got one side of the boat done. never done anything like that before....I actually was successful, glossy gel, no pink, and I didn't burn the paint or gel!:D

does anybody know where I can get Pachanga Vinyl's for the port and starboard side? I need to remove them so I can remove the oxidation around them, but hate to remove them without knowing I'll be able to replicate them.

pachanga 02-11-2008 09:54 AM

I R. Headers,Full duelram hydraulic steering,putting the trim tabs back on, and this spring the prop testing begins! :D

pocketchange22 02-11-2008 05:50 PM

PACHANGA, what r u using for tabs

pachanga 02-11-2008 09:13 PM

My guy told me the original tabs should be OK....Alot cheaper to give them a try 1st since all I needed to reinstall were the actuaters and switch...going ahead and putting indicaters in too. The original tabs are somin like 9" X 18". They are stainless steel. I was ready ta go with a better set... but we will see! :D

Thought I would add...the former owner took them off because they were slowing the boat down. Think I got enough horses now so it won't be an issue! :D

Two B.A.D. 02-12-2008 06:43 AM

I bought this "hole in the water" back in last May...I have been working on it ever since. The prevoius owner did little to maintain the poor thing. I have always liked P-22's since they came out and have been obsessed with getting one for years (like 20). Right now I'm into the engine (SBC). When I bought it the owner told me he had replaced the engine the season before. Which I believe he did....But, after I brought it home from RI (I live in MD) and began running it in the back yard ...It just seemed like it was running a little warm....So I pulled the T-stat hsg and found considerable Corrosion inside..While there i noticed that the intake had been flaking in the water ports...So I decided to pull it down for further inspection...When I removed the intake and filpped it over there was some rust and pittng on the bottom side.. I took a screw driver and lightly tapped that area and knocked out a 2" hole. There was also some anti-freeze in the engine valley and I'm sure in the pan...There goes 60.00 worth of Mobil 1.
This is just the continuning saga of many found issues...including automotive water pump, loose oil drain plug in the pan, three spark plugs that were loose including one that was only at few threads from blowing out...all plugs were black form a poor performing Q-Jet....I am now installing the following new items Eldelbrock Air Gap performer, Holley 4160,alumunum exhaust manifolds and risers, marine water pump, and thermostat housing. I know it will all be worth it when it's done. I'll know exactly what I have.
B.A.D.

blckkat 02-12-2008 07:28 AM

Two B.A.D we have alot in common! I too have had an obsession with Pachanga's! I remember seeing the boat in a showroom back in 86 and fell in love and decided I'd have to get one some day...and I was only 8!!
I think I'm the 5th owner of my "money pit" from what I can tell its been a rollercoaster ride of owners. Some have maintained, improved, and fixed things properly, while others neglected, abused, or halfassed it. my whole motor is a question mark.

how warm was your motor running? I run about 160-170 I did notice that when I pulled the plugs on the block one side was definately flowing more then the other, tried shoving a wire around in there, but it didn't really do much. I get some slight steam out my exhaust but it bounces back and forth between sides. one trip its the port exhaust throwing steam, the next time out its the starboard :confused: right now its just an annoyance more then anything.