Project Restore 22-P >

Project Restore 22-P

Notices

Project Restore 22-P

Old 06-20-2008, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project Restore 22-P

I picked up this 22-P from Kwiksilver about a month ago. This is my first official boat. My father and I have always like these boats and the price was right. Really didn't want a project, but I did want to learn how to do some reworking and this was perfect.
I have have since:
Had the transom/hull check: solid

Needing:
some interior pieces( if anyone knows where a parts boat is, please let me know)
Bravo outdrive

I did have the motor(which is suppose to be freshly rebuilt) turning over, but I am pulling it to rebuild to my specs.

Motor: break down, forge steel crank, h-beam rods, arp fasteners and some good flowing heads, and balance/ blueprint the rotating assy. The rest is up in the air as far as intake and carb.
I know this boat isn't going to be very fast(being on the safe side), but would like to hit 65 with ease. I think with a nicely built SBC that can turn up some RPM's can do this pretty easy.

Same Pics that Kwiksilver posted up. I haven't done much to warrant any pics yet.

Last edited by Shagnaz; 06-20-2008 at 07:54 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:00 PM
Registered

looks nice keep the up dates and pics coming
Old 06-23-2008, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats, they're great little boats. good luck, i'm not sure how many parts you'll find but who knows, I'd guess the toughest thing to find will be the bucket seats (if you need them), its gettin to the point its hard to even find a pachanga with the originals!
Old 06-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Registered

Great boat ...you'll love it. I waited almost 20 years to get mine. AND....have worked my a.. off on it. I bought an assembled neglected basket case BUT it's finally comming together. Mine has turned quite a few heads and sparked alot of interest from fellow boaters on the water. There are still a lot of them out there but they are few and far between in my area. If I can be of any help let me know. As far as the interior is concerned it's down to custom work as far as I found. Most of the interior frame work can be reproduced if you are handy with wood work. I have never located any original seats...but there are some nice used replacements that can be recovered to match. Keep your eye on e-bay things pop up from time to time if you are willing to dig a little. I bought mine for about 5K and have spent around another 10K in it right now. I might be able to get that for it but it would be hard...It's what I have always wanted and don't plan to sell.....Plus I don't think I'll ever be done working on it.
B.A.D.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:01 AM
Registered

Thanks for the support. I was debating on building a 454 that I have in the garage or just rebuild the SBC that is coming out of the boat with the good stuff.
I was hoping to pull the motor out today, but looks like I won't be touching the boat till August. Work crap is getting in the way.

Thanks again.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Registered

it came with a bravo SBC combo? in any case with a bravo in hand I'd definately go BBC.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Registered

No, it came with a Alpha. The boat doesn't have a outdrive as we speak, so I'll be sourcing one in the near future.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:10 AM
Registered

If you are missing parts or have questions on original locations or ply panels dimensions, I have access to the original design prints and may be able to help out. Good luck on the restoration..
Old 02-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Registered

Thanks for the offered info.

I do have the boat up forsale. I just don't have the time and effort to focus on it.
I'm going to ask 2k OBO. Trades for classic car/trucks or any Quattro Audi's.

Thanks
Mike
843-568-0418
Old 02-25-2009, 09:23 PM
Registered

Still for sale?

Quick Reply: Project Restore 22-P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.