Sea Ray S-24 Sorrento >

Sea Ray S-24 Sorrento

Notices

Sea Ray S-24 Sorrento

Old 05-12-2010, 05:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sea Ray S-24 Sorrento

Hey guys I'm relatively new here. I recently bought an 88 S-24 in good shape, however the engine wasn't running quite right. Did a compression check and it seems to have a blown head gasket. I pulled the engine and the head and confirmed it. The engine is a stock 5.7L 270hp Crusader. I took the engine apart and it's been completely rebuilt. Brand new pistons, bearings, valves, springs. yada yada.. I was reading 160lbs compression on all holes exept two where the blown head gasket was. I'm reassembling the small block and putting in an Edelbrock Torker Plus cam with .488 lift on intake and exhaust. It looks to be slightly more aggressive than the stock cam I took out. Also putting in new Viton valve seals and an Edelbrock Performer intake manifold. My main question is this... I am going to run thru-hull exhaust and was wondering if anyone here has done it already on an S-24. There isn't a whole lot of room back there and I want them to exit under the swim platform. I already have ordered 4-inch chrome tips and 6 feet of 4" corrogated exhaust hose knowing I might have to make some bends. I'd appreciate any help you guys have to offer. I was going to buy an 87 CC Stinger but got the Sea Ray instead... it was cheaper and was in better shape. Plus you can't beat the quality of a Sea Ray. I just have never seen an S-24 with thru-hulls.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Registered

I have no experience with this model but I say why not there is a old SRV190 running by me with thru-hull sounds great! Post pics when your done and good luck!!
Old 05-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Registered

Thanks man. The engine is all put back together. The 4" hose and tips will be here today and then it gets the hole saw. The cam I chose should be pretty lopey so we'll see! I'll post updates. I tried messaging S-24 but his inbox is full.