Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sea Ray
Anyone have hydrolic steering on their 32 Pachanga? >

Anyone have hydrolic steering on their 32 Pachanga?

Notices

Anyone have hydrolic steering on their 32 Pachanga?

Old 12-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have hydrolic steering on their 32 Pachanga?

Thinking about upgrading my 32 P to hydraulic steering but I don't know alot about it.

Last edited by Flamingo 42; 12-12-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have hydraulic steering. I would have thought that all 32's did... Anyways, the pump is on my port engine and the ram is mounted on the transom inside.... wait a minute! I now understand why my exhaust has to go forward instead of back. Not enough room for both. I saw a 32 with the collectors at the back of the engines instead of the front... it didn't have power steering... Makes sense now... So I am guessing that your exhaust goes back and your collectors are at the rear of the engines. You would have to change your exhaust around in addition to adding the pump, ram, lines, cooler, and whatever else...
Old 12-08-2010, 07:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by spunner
I have hydraulic steering. I would have thought that all 32's did... Anyways, the pump is on my port engine and the ram is mounted on the transom inside.... wait a minute! I now understand why my exhaust has to go forward instead of back. Not enough room for both. I saw a 32 with the collectors at the back of the engines instead of the front... it didn't have power steering... Makes sense now... So I am guessing that your exhaust goes back and your collectors are at the rear of the engines. You would have to change your exhaust around in addition to adding the pump, ram, lines, cooler, and whatever else...
the steering system you have is power steering not hydraulic. hydraulic has rams on the outside of the transom and conect to the drives .
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have hydrolic steering on their 32 Pachanga?-new-boat-022.jpg  
Old 12-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I would be interested, It's going to be tight. I was thinking of taking of the trim tabs to make more room for the rams.
I also have four exhaust tips to contend with.

Nice to see you back on the boards Dustin
Old 12-09-2010, 07:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1BIGJIM
I would be interested, It's going to be tight. I was thinking of taking of the trim tabs to make more room for the rams.
I also have four exhaust tips to contend with.

you can get a kit that puts the rams inside the drives.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by brians fever
the steering system you have is power steering not hydraulic. hydraulic has rams on the outside of the transom and conect to the drives .
Ohhhh.... Now I want hydraulic! Thanks for the schoolin'
Old 12-09-2010, 08:27 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 1BIGJIM
Nice to be back Jim!
Old 12-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by brians fever
you can get a kit that puts the rams inside the drives.
I don't think I have seen that.
Are you saying in the middle of the drives, not on the outside of the drives? I wouldn't think the rams would have enough travel distance.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I have seen a couple of 32's on ebay in the past. I tried to find them
to see how they were mounted but I couldn't locate them. I thought they may have been mounted on the outside of the drives.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by spunner
My exhaust was routed like yours too, last year I fabricated my own stainless , better flowing collector and flipped it to the backside of the motors. You can see them in post #14 in the thread " 89 Pachanga 383 stroker exhaust question"

Last edited by Flamingo 42; 12-09-2010 at 03:19 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.