Notices

Remembering NJPPC Member: David Ginfrida

Old 03-15-2011, 08:40 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Unhappy Remembering NJPPC Member: David Ginfrida

Written by Dave Patnuade Pres of the NJPPC:

I am sad to report that our dear friend and NJPPC member David Ginfrida has passed away.

David was a guy who had a big heart and always wanted to do good things for people and he made good on that a million times. David was a regular at NJPPC events including Shore Dreams for many years. When David learned about Shore Dreams For Kids, he dove into the cause "head first!" First by becoming a large donor but when we launched the first Shore Dreams For Kids raffle last year, he sold over 200 tickets himself! He was also at Shore Dreams every year giving kids rides in his 50' Nor-Tech NO COMPROMISE!

David was also involved with giving back to several other local organizations that included several Children's Hospitals, Children's Groups and Veteran's Homes.

Last summer I met a buddy from High School that I had not seen in 20 years who was serving as a Sgt Major in the US Army. He was home for a week on leave from Afghanistan along with a Sgt from the Italian Military. They were in Atlantic City for the weekend so I met them at the Deck Bar at Trump Marina. While there, I thought it would be pretty cool if I could get them out on a "GO FAST" boat. David was also there on his boat in his usual slip (F-1). I asked David if he would mind taking these guys for a ride and just like David always answered "SURE NO PROBLEM!!!!" David and I took these guys out for the ride of their life up and down the Atlantic City coastline. When we returned to the dock, David was thanking them for coming along for the ride and their military service! Thats just the kind of guy David was.

The only service for David was held today Tuesday March 15th. The service will be a Church Funeral at 11:00am at St. John Vianney Church located at 420 Inman Ave., Colonia, N.J. 07067

David's obituary can be found online at: http://obits.nj.com/obituaries/starl...&pid=149335475

God Speed David, you will be missed but not forgotten!

Dave Patnaude
President
NJ Performance Powerboat Club

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 03-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave was a great guy while we were not close friends I would always talk to him at his "private" dock in Atlantic City.He would always take the time to talk to non-boaters who asked qeustions about his boat while at Trump.He was a great guy,not a look at what I have kinda guy.
He will be deeply missed

Timothy A Sharkey
Old 03-15-2011, 09:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Condolences to the family and friends of David Ginfrida on his passing. RIP
Old 03-15-2011, 09:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Thoughts and Prayers to his friends and family! So sad.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Rip
Old 03-16-2011, 12:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave P, You set me up to shoot from David's boat at this past years "almost" OPA race in Atlantic city. I spent most of the day hanging around with David and company waiting to see if there would be a race or not.

When the race was finally called off David was gracious enough to take a group of us out for a ride and see what the "big water" out there was about. It was a great day despite the race being called.

Thanks for the introduction, I am saddend to hear of David's passing. My condolences go out to his friends and family. I'm sure he will be truly missed.

God Speed...

Bruce

Old 03-16-2011, 06:46 AM
Registered

My thought and prayers to the family, R.I.P. Dave.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Registered

Looked young what a shame expecialty when it sound like he is more concerned about helping other people than himself. Even though i never met him My condolences go out to the family to what looks like a big loss to the powerboat and charity community. Hope i wordered this right. RIP and prayers to the family
Old 03-26-2012, 01:22 PM
Registered

I met him a few years ago one night in AC i pulled up in my boat which was dwarfed by his 50....he helped me tie up and we must have talked for 3 hrs he crawled over my boat just as much as i crawled on his.....such a nice guy condolences
Old 04-08-2012, 09:54 AM
Registered

Sad. Rest in peace.