Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I just purchased a 32' Midnight Express 32 SS >

I just purchased a 32' Midnight Express 32 SS

Notices

I just purchased a 32' Midnight Express 32 SS

Old 11-04-2005, 07:57 PM
Charlie Glide

Default I just purchased a 32' Midnight Express 32 SS

Does anybody here know much about this boat? The price was so low that I just couldn't refuse. It's powered by twin sterndrives and the strange thing is that it actually has a spoiler on it, not a radar arch, a spoiler. It's not exactly a deep-v since the deadrise really isn't that great. It's a v-bottom but the angle at the transom really isn't that much. On the side of the boat it says, "Midnight Express 32 SS." I'm very happy with it, but has anyone else ever seen one of these? It's the only one I've ever seen. I know that most of the Midnight Expresses are open models powered by four outboards.

Charlie

Old 11-04-2005, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: I just purchased a 32' Midnight Express 32 SS

pictures??????????????????......................m. m..........
Old 11-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's intresting. Maybe another companies named Midnight Express? The originals were a very deep V, 25degrees deep. 24 is more standered.
What year is it?
The 32 Midnight Express later became the 34' Super Hawaii. Then the molds were all destroyed a few years after Super Hawaii ended operations.

Do you have any pics?
Old 11-06-2005, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Payton
The 32 Midnight Express later became the 34' Super Hawaii. Then the molds were all destroyed a few years after Super Hawaii ended operations.

Do you have any pics?
The molds were destroyed? Who told you that? Byng sold the 32 midnight hull to Michael Aronow and the kept the deck in front of the old Midnight lamination building for almost ten years. George (from sterling boats) while working for the original Aronow powerboats took a 32 hull and raised the sides to make the 32 aronow or whats now the magic.

The 30 midnight open (which was based on the 30 corsa) which later became the 32 midnight open is what became the 34' super hawaii, those molds were destroyed.

The winged 32 closed deck was the boat that was in the Miami Vice episode "the great mccarthy", there were two built with the wing, the boat with sterndrives (trs I think) and the boat with the arnesons. If you have the blue winged boat then that was the one from miami vice.

The 32 hull was a stretched 27 signature (cut in the middle not added at the transom) that Tommy Adams was building just before he got shot. Once he got shot, the company folded and Byng purchased the plug, finished it and created the 32 closed deck (Jim Miur designed deck). In my opinion it was one of the best running under 35' hulls ever built.

Good luck with the boat.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:33 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by abolfaz
The molds were destroyed? Who told you that? Byng sold the 32 midnight hull to Michael Aronow and the kept the deck in front of the old Midnight lamination building for almost ten years. George (from sterling boats) while working for the original Aronow powerboats took a 32 hull and raised the sides to make the 32 aronow or whats now the magic.

The 30 midnight open (which was based on the 30 corsa) which later became the 32 midnight open is what became the 34' super hawaii, those molds were destroyed.

That is the first time I've heard that explained. Thank you! That makes a lot of sence. One boat builder I taked to was sure that the Super Hawaii was the 32 Aronow, then I heard it wasn't. I hadn't realized that the 30 and the 32 Midnight Express were 2 different boats. Or basicly 2 different 32s.
I had taled to a guy at I believe, Infinity? He said he was the one that crushed the 34 SH molds.

Thanks for the info!!
Old 11-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Payton
I had taled to a guy at I believe, Infinity? He said he was the one that crushed the 34 SH molds.
Nope. John Michel (owner of intrepid) personally crushed the molds as it was explained to me it was sort of payback to Kitami (the guy who purchased Intrepid and merged it with SH). I ended up buying all of the molds except the 34, I got the 23, 40 and the Buzzi 46.

John Michel is a little eccentric, his theory of crushing the molds so that nobody else could manufacture them makes sense, its just so harsh. Whats strange though is that when I got the 46 (ex gancia dei gancia raceboat molds) the owner of Concept beat my door down to buy the mold from me back in 2001, we made a deal and he moved the mold to his shop where its sat outside untouched since then....
Old 11-07-2005, 08:46 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

A little off topic, but what happened to the SuperHawaii 38?
Saw it at the Miami show in 93(i think) and it was badass.
Low freeboard and a 6pack.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Registered

The molds for the 38 are still sitting in the intrepid graveyard. For some reason or another John Michel was really fond of that boat, he still has the 38 SH raceboat as well (powered with 3 seateks). He wont part with either the boat or the molds. Remember SH had the american series which was based on the 32 and 37 midnights and the Euro series which was based on the Buzzi designs.

The boat you saw in Miami was the 38 all white with the wing and cummins diesels. It was BAD ASS. It sat in Daytona for about 5 years for sale with no takers and it ended up dieing somewhere in the bahamas.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:21 PM
Registered

Charlie-What yearis the boat? Where did you buy it? What condition is it in? What drives are on the boat? Staggered with 3-man? There was one with staggered arneson's for sale in upstate NY. Neat boat. I have only seen one with sterndrives...The boat was white with blue stripes and also said "Midnight Express 32 SS". It had SSM 3s staggered. Cool boat.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:33 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nick k
Charlie-What yearis the boat? Where did you buy it? What condition is it in? What drives are on the boat? Staggered with 3-man? There was one with staggered arneson's for sale in upstate NY. Neat boat. I have only seen one with sterndrives...The boat was white with blue stripes and also said "Midnight Express 32 SS". It had SSM 3s staggered. Cool boat.
Nick,, think thats the boat you thinking about
from boattrader:
"1982 MIDNIGHT EXPRESS Custom Built, 32' 32' Midnight Express, 1982 Innovation Marine 454, 450 H.P. Full stag Arneson Drives, only 200 original hours. 80 MPH. Gill dry exhaust. Original Target Trailer with prop guard. This boat was custom built by Bing Goode (of Ciagarette Apache) for the original owner at a cost of $103,000 in 1982. High quality construction, immaculate workmanship and rigging. Has spare props, new batteries and is READY TO GO! With it's large roostertail and dry exhaust this hot rod boat has a presence at any event! Call Mike for more details and info at 716-870-3290 (cell) or 716-751-9338 (home).For more photo's please email me at [email protected]"
Attached Thumbnails I just purchased a 32' Midnight Express 32 SS-midnight-express32.jpg  

Quick Reply: I just purchased a 32' Midnight Express 32 SS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.