Point Pleasant Race >

Point Pleasant Race

Notices

Point Pleasant Race

Old 08-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 213 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Point Pleasant Race

Thanks to the great guys at AMF Racing, there has been a few of the old dogs invited to attend the Point Pleasant race in a couple of weeks.

AMF is bringing what they call, "The Legends of Offshore" to town for the event.

Rocky Aoki of Benihana fame, Billy Martin, Charlie McCarthy, John Bochis, Rich Luhrs, Jerry Gilbreath and for you Apache fans, Bobby Saccenti will be there too.

Looking forward to seeing the many fans of open ocean racing and possible HORBA members too !

www.historicraceboats.com
Old 08-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a good time.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:46 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Thanks to the great guys at AMF Racing, there has been a few of the old dogs invited to attend the Point Pleasant race in a couple of weeks.

AMF is bringing what they call, "The Legends of Offshore" to town for the event.

Rocky Aoki of Benihana fame, Billy Martin, Charlie McCarthy, John Bochis, Rich Luhrs, Jerry Gilbreath and for you Apache fans, Bobby Saccenti will be there too.

Looking forward to seeing the many fans of open ocean racing and possible HORBA members too !

www.historicraceboats.com
Thanks for giving me the heads up over the weekend.

I was going to drive to the races but now I think I'll be taking the boat.

Sak, get out of the Apache section, go back to the OL dumpster section.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Panther I want a report how was it??
Old 09-09-2007, 08:24 PM

Default 47 apache

Here's one boat that was there
Attached Thumbnails Point Pleasant Race-p1050356%5B1%5D-large-.jpg  
Old 09-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by lucy
Panther I want a report how was it??
Races were great, it was great seeing the two Apache's as pace boats.

I had a chance to speak with Bob for a while and it was good to finally meet him.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i had my first ride on an 88 41' Apache with a pair of 588 cubic inch Pay Musi motors and #3's...approx 700-750 a side 82mph with 5 people on board and 3/4 plus of fuel...awesome ride. has a 2-3 ft ground swell with a light 1-2 ft chop on top and at 50 mph my soda can never budged...NOW I KNOW WHAT ALL THE HYPE IS ABOUT !! AWEOME MACHINE...was cool hanging with Rocki Aoki all day...we were the other pace boat and Rocki joined us for the festivities
Old 09-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
i had my first ride on an 88 41' Apache with a pair of 588 cubic inch Pay Musi motors and #3's...approx 700-750 a side 82mph with 5 people on board and 3/4 plus of fuel...awesome ride. has a 2-3 ft ground swell with a light 1-2 ft chop on top and at 50 mph my soda can never budged...NOW I KNOW WHAT ALL THE HYPE IS ABOUT !! AWEOME MACHINE...was cool hanging with Rocki Aoki all day...we were the other pace boat and Rocki joined us for the festivities
Another believer.......

Run that machine with some of these new 100 mph potato chips in some real seas and you'll be the one smiling.

BUT, the conditions out there yesterday are what it's like all summer.....

Last edited by Panther; 09-10-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Hey Bernie,

I have a bucket of cleaning supplies in my cabin, in the corner, on top of the counter. It's full of all kinds of stuff...spray nine, greese off, boat soap, never dull, salt away etc.....

The bucket has been on the counter top all summer, not strapped down and it has yet to fall over or break any of the bottles... In including 4-6 ft. seas on our way to Patchogue two weeks ago.

Only thing that sucks is we all need to run some power to make them move.....but in the end I'm happy when I get back to the dock!
Old 09-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
Hear you talking Bernie! We've only owned our '89 41' Apache for a little over two weeks, but it's the best riding boat I've ever been on!

Panther's right, all the stuff sitting on the side and in the V-Berth stays where it belongs.

It's truly an amazing ride, and we've had many of our friends tell us the same thing.

Quick Reply: Point Pleasant Race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.