The B.S. Thread >

The B.S. Thread

Notices

The B.S. Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 02:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like it is going to be the rright time of the year to buy a project for this winter. Especially as bad as the market is.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

last ones for now
Attached Thumbnails The B.S. Thread-p1030674-small-.jpg   The B.S. Thread-p1030677-small-.jpg   The B.S. Thread-p1030678-small-.jpg  

Old 09-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We have only minor damage to our house, but no flood water or missing shingles.
Our pier is missing a section, the deck steps are laying in the back yard, 3 cedar trees are down, and the power lines to house are down. The trees are already cut-up and out of the yard.
One of our neighbors lost almost all of his trees and the other side neighbor has trees down and their pier alongside their house: see photos.
John

PS: Tommy.... so sorry to read about your house and glad you have the RV.
Attached Thumbnails The B.S. Thread-ike-2008-chances-back-yard.jpg   The B.S. Thread-ike-photos-027.jpg   The B.S. Thread-ike-photos-018.jpg  

Old 09-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
My hhouse is trashed, but what else is new. THere is a lot of new and interesting things that happen when you get water inside one in places it was not supposed to be.

all things happen for a reason, maybe youll be able to adjust your own house
Old 09-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BoatBIATCH
all things happen for a reason, maybe youll be able to adjust your own house
Right now I just want to adjust it with a bull dozer, but that will have to wait.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Registered

www.fema.gov

someone who is not doing anything right now needs to figure out how to get our generators re imbursed. I am a little covered up right now with work, but definate drinks can be bought for the person who finds the programs.
I looked it up earlier today, pretty much what I got out of it is if you have a full time job they ain't payin, I know if you and spouse have combined income of 90k or more they won't pay, not to mention what they pay is a sliding scale... best bet is for you to get subsistence spending money that they offer for missing work or damage to your property, but on that not if you have insurance they really don't cover it either. from looks of it the freeloaders of katrina really broke the bank and ruined it by completely taking advantage of it. Theres some people in april sound and del lago that really need the help and I am not sure they can qualify, is a really sad situatiobn for some.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Registered

Right now I just want to adjust it with a bull dozer, but that will have to wait.
was it really that bad??? I saw it from the front 2 days ago, didn't think it was damaged at all, but maybe I didn't look that close
Old 09-18-2008, 04:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

was it really that bad??? I saw it from the front 2 days ago, didn't think it was damaged at all, but maybe I didn't look that close
sewar backed up through the showers and toilets and got under my wood floors and into the walls pretty bad. Floor is ruined 2/3 of the way through the house and the walls will have to be cut up on 2-3 of the rooms for cleaning.

I'll get around to it eventually.

ABout a 15K job IF I don't have to take out the shower.

I am having the plumber come put in a secret weapon in my main drain so that if those azzhole neighbors pull that chit again they are going to get a surprise.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:35 PM
Registered

sewar backed up through the showers and toilets and got under my wood floors and into the walls pretty bad. Floor is ruined 2/3 of the way through the house and the walls will have to be cut up on 2-3 of the rooms for cleaning.

I'll get around to it eventually.

ABout a 15K job IF I don't have to take out the shower.

I am having the plumber come put in a secret weapon in my main drain so that if those azzhole neighbors pull that chit again they are going to get a surprise.

nothing like a one way check valve... maybe your neighborhood will get on the band wagon and put a generator on your water system
Old 09-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

nothing like a one way check valve... maybe your neighborhood will get on the band wagon and put a generator on your water system
Doubt it. With the exception of them not being able to flush, they didn't have any problems. I am low guy on the system so I get it all.

They all talk big chit about the generator until they see what the bill is. I will put in my check valve and then not worry about it.

Quick Reply: The B.S. Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.