Notices

'04 Richmond PBA Poker Run

Old 01-15-2004, 02:59 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '04 Richmond PBA Poker Run

General Information

The Richmond Power Boat Association has been around for more than 16 years. Members of our club own boats with sizes that typically range from 22ft up to 43ft. Our "roster" has about 120 boaters from around the mid-Atlantic area. We do not charge dues, and all excess proceeds from the Poker Run are contributed to local charity.
Our Poker Run continues to be one of the premier boating events in the mid-Atlantic area. In 2003 we attracted boaters from Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, and South Carolina. The course offers various water conditions, so boats of all styles and capabilities participate. We sold ninety “hands” and had 70 boats participate in 2003, a 33% increase over 2002!
The 2004 Poker Run will be held on July 31st, 2004. Our Poker Run begins at Jordan Point Marina in Hopewell, Va. (http://www.jordanpoint.com/). For the convenience of our Captains, we have two captains’ meetings in their clubhouse. The first is Friday evening, July 30th at 6pm, and the other is at 9am on the day of the event. Attendance at either meeting is MANDATORY. We discuss boat safety, the course, give out the first card, and provide other general information about the “Poker Run”.
On Saturday we depart the Hopewell area by 10am. Our second card stop is off historic Jamestown, Va.. This is a “water stop”.
We lunch at Smithfield Station (http://www.smithfieldstation.com/). Food is served, the third card is given out, and people spend about an hour and a half socializing.
After lunch, we head down to Hampton and have our 4th card stop at the Hampton Tunnel. This is also a “water stop”.
For those boats wanting to extend the run a bit, this year we are adding an optional “Bay Leg”. On this leg we will run over to the popular “Tiki Bar” at Sunset Beach on the Eastern Shore and back (@ 50 miles round trip). This will give the participants an opportunity to head into the Chesapeake Bay for some "air time".
If you decide not to participate in the “Bay Leg”, you are welcome to head into the overnight dockage at the Hampton City Docks/Radisson Hotel. We socialize on the docks until late afternoon, and then head to the ballroom at the Radisson for a cocktail party, awards, and dinner. This year we have booked The Worx (http://www.theworxband.com) as our entertainment during the banquet. At 10:00pm the “Poker Run” officially ends.
For those late owls, on Saturday nights Hampton closes the streets and has a huge “block party” complete with live bands and beverage carts. The bands start at 10:00pm and go into the wee hours of the morning.
Sunday is free time to get back to Hopewell. Some people get together and head to Anheuser Busch's Kings Mill waterfront restaurant for lunch. There are many other destinations to be explored in the Hampton Roads area.

Registration fee is $300 for two people that includes shirts, lunches, banquet/dinners with live band, helicopter video, and prizes. Additional crew are $125 each.

1st Place: $1,000.00 2nd Place: $500.00 3rd Place: $250.00 4th Place: $150.00

We are delighted to announce that our local Baja Dealer - "Sea Ray of Richmond" (www.searayofrichmond.com) - will be the sole sponsor of this year's event. They plan on debuting a new carbon fiber 40' Baja with staggered 1075's!

More information can be obtained by visiting our web site (www.geocities.com/Richmondpba) or emailing me at [email protected].

Last edited by Cignificant; 01-15-2004 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-15-2004, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Count us in

Bill & Patti
Old 01-15-2004, 06:13 PM
Registered

Just got my mailer and the check will be going in the mail! It's always fun to party with you "northerners"
Old 01-15-2004, 09:02 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Great to have you all back.

See you next weekend! Don't forget the preliminary liquid indulgence at The Tobacco Company!
Old 01-19-2004, 07:31 PM
Registered

steve is there a limit on how many boats. I will be mailing mine to you next week. A freind on mine wants join but he is waiting on some other freinds to make up there mind.

Thanks

Terry @ Petra
Old 02-01-2004, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I think we are going to cut it off at 75-80 boats this year but the early you get it in the better. The extra run accross the bay to the Tiki bar will make for some awsome helicopter shots. See you all there.

James
Old 02-08-2004, 09:20 PM
Registered

CAN YOU PLEASE SEND ME SOME INFO OR PUT ME ON YOUR MAILING LIST? [email protected] THANKS
Old 02-09-2004, 07:58 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Most of the info is on our web site www.geocities.com/Richmondpba

but I'll email you the registration - it's in a MSWord format.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:55 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

For more information about our run you can check out the most recent edition of Poker Runs America magazine (Vol 7 Number 2), pages 106-110.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:29 PM
Registered

Hey Steve.

I was just discussing your run with some people...we are sending off the registration to you this week. We are sending off the registration for SML again also...I'm gonna do my anti-rain dance this year ...hope to see ya there.

Quick Reply: '04 Richmond PBA Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.