Skater deal gone bad >

Skater deal gone bad

Notices

Skater deal gone bad

Old 04-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skater deal gone bad

I ran across this on screamandfly. Very detailed story. Glad I never had a deal like this.

http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...765#post653765
Old 04-11-2005, 07:24 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Skater deal gone bad

that sucks..... and he wants to build boats? good luck...
Old 04-11-2005, 07:25 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well actually, he might fit in with a lot of builders....
Old 04-11-2005, 08:58 PM
Steve_H

not the first time his name has come up around here

Old 04-12-2005, 02:00 PM
Registered

I'd like to make something clear. I noticed a person posted here on Offshore Only with regard to my Todd Lamb situation under a new username "Offshore Nightmare". The threads were deleted by the administrator. When I saw it, my first thought was that people would think that I was behind that username since there were only two posts beside the name.

I'd like to make it clear that I do not create alias names to post my thoughts. I have not created any threads here with regards to this because I am not a very active member here and I didn't not feel comfortable doing that.

I have posted more than enough facts on Scream and Fly and as you can see I have not gotten involved in any bashing whatsoever, I have spoken nothing but the truth.

I'm sure the administrator here at OSO can attest to the differences in IP address.

Thank You

Last edited by Griff; 11-27-2014 at 01:12 AM. Reason: posters request
Old 05-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Registered

An update:

I've been trying to figure out for over a month now why my port engine runs right to 7000+ RPMs and the left lags behind at 6300 or so.

I tried all kinds of things, Stators, plugs, wires, swapped ECUs, switchboxes, been doing nothing but testing. Finally I said to myself, the motors are running too good, it almost seems like the props are a different pitch.

So I sent them out to Mercury Racing, and sure enough, one prop has a greater pitch than the other. They looked fine, they are factory stamped 14 1/2 x 32, but they are different.

Really pisses me off that I had to chase this problem for so long just because the seller carelessly threw some oddball props into the package and like just about everything else, was not up front about it. He said they were the props off the 280s that he had on the boat. Obviously they are not cause his 280s ran correctly on the boat.
Old 05-29-2005, 06:21 AM
Registered

Re: Skater deal gone bad

ha mike you are not alone my talon i got i was told motors where gone threw and where perfict. after 5 runs one of the motors set up top bearing due to lower seal leak.upon futher inspection that they where both in need of rebuild.so i got two other motors that where spose to be ready to go RIGHT.the blocks are perfict but had to change every thing on them to get to run right ended up on both motors the trigers high speed coils bad.of corse that was the last thing i did but after many hours and money they know run right.the guy i got boat from did make it right when i had bad seal right of in lower but bottom line i got it as is you know.the guy i got the new motors from says he will make it right he will give me two new trigers.i will take them but in my mind that sure the hell does not make it right.some times i thing i go a target on my back you can FU him he is easey.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:38 AM
Registered

Todd Lamb Still Doing Bad Business:

Well he's still at it. So you see it is not me. Todd Lamb, after trying to sneak his boat for sale here on the forums without paying, recently sold his 30 Spectre on Ebay.

Here is the feedback after the deal. You gotta be a pretty bad seller to get feedback like this on a high dollar item I'd say. You'd think he could work it out but it just goes to show what kind of the guy he really is:

Here's the link and a copy of the feedback, his username is moneyman.74 (how ironic). Word to the wise, don't buy from the moneyman!

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...oneyman.74&iid

"Seller agreed to but didn't allow inspection of boat & didn't return 5k deposit! Buyer educationms ( 41) Sep-14-05 15:34 Private"

"Reply by moneyman.74: Buyer's financing fell through and a bogus inspector did $10,000 damage to boat Sep-24-05 08:36"

Last edited by at100plus; 10-16-2005 at 08:04 AM.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:41 AM
Registered

How can you do $10,000 to a boat during an inspection???? What did he drive a truck into it? Who's telling the truth here?

Last edited by at100plus; 10-16-2005 at 08:05 AM.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Could someone thats a member over (scream and whatever)there please post pic?

Last edited by drypipetiger; 10-16-2005 at 08:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Skater deal gone bad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.