Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
$$$ Fund For Oso Hurricane Victims.......... >

$$$ Fund For Oso Hurricane Victims..........

Notices

$$$ Fund For Oso Hurricane Victims..........

Old 08-31-2005, 01:41 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default $$$ Fund For Oso Hurricane Victims..........

***PLEASE MAKE THIS A "STICKY"****

I am absolutely sick looking at the damage on TV of the hurricane damage. It's unbelieveable to think of losing your family, home and everyhting you own. I'm sure some of our OSO family is in need of money, food, shelter, etc.....

Let's pull together some resources to help them out. I have a 3 bdrm/ 2 ba home in Lake Havasu City, AZ that an OSO brother/sister can stay in for free if they need a place to stay. I know it's far, but it's free. Let's also start a fund with some CA$H for some help for the victims. I will donate $100.00 for help. I think we need to somehow set up a fund where we can send some money to.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:30 AM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: $$$ Fund For Oso Hurricane Victims..........

Semper...Beat you to it. Wife got the address of American Red Cross off the TV & mailed her check. They cannot accept food or clothing, etc...just money. A dear friend, whose husband was killed on his motorcycle one year ago & who had then, just finished building her a new 3-story home in Bay St. Louis on the Gulf, will be living with us for awhile. Her new home is completely gone. I'm not rich, but I know I can help these people. We just survived a direct Catagory 1 hurricane(Katrina) ourselves here in Ft. Lauderdale, which was an experience...with electric, phones, cable, gas stations, traffic lights, etc, just coming back online after five days. We were very lucky, they were not. Ed
Old 08-31-2005, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

same here...sent a check to the Red Cross this am...
Old 08-31-2005, 09:46 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sent a check yesterday -
Old 08-31-2005, 10:59 AM
Registered

My thoughts exactly. I wasn't sure if I sent a check to the Red Cross if the money would go exclusively to the hurricane relief, or can you specify when you send the check? Either way, do you have address or info for the Red Cross?

What a disaster. From the pictures i'm seeing on tv, it looks like its getting worse every day. Wish i could help out with more than just a donation.
God Bless everyone who lives down there.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:17 AM
Registered

When you donate to the red cross you can tell them weather you want the funds to go to the continental US or international only......atleast thats how it has been in the past. I will donate to the red cross but I will also donate directly to an OSO fund for an OSO member. Who knows how long it will take to get through the paperwork to get money or how much of my dollar actually gets to the victums. Alot of the dollar you donate can go to administration fee's sometimes legit others not.....
That is why I would like to write a check to someone directly that needs it.
Just my thoughts
Old 08-31-2005, 11:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tantrum
I will also donate directly to an OSO fund for an OSO member. Who knows how long it will take to get through the paperwork to get money or how much of my dollar actually gets to the victums. Alot of the dollar you donate can go to administration fee's sometimes legit others not.....
That is why I would like to write a check to someone directly that needs it.
Just my thoughts
My thoughts exactly! Who can we set up a fund through? OSO headquarters??
Old 08-31-2005, 11:31 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
My thoughts exactly! Who can we set up a fund through? OSO headquarters??
Some one would need to go to a bank and be the person in charge. Would have to be some one trustworthy and it can get interesting with taxes and what not..... Talk to your local bank they can help you out with this. Then you can wire transfer the money from that account to the people who you deem needs it the most.....

Jon
Old 08-31-2005, 11:37 AM
Registered

A group us are talking about loading up some pontoons and heading out to help this weekend......anybody else up for a road trip?????
Old 08-31-2005, 12:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Some one would need to go to a bank and be the person in charge. Would have to be some one trustworthy and it can get interesting with taxes and what not..... Talk to your local bank they can help you out with this. Then you can wire transfer the money from that account to the people who you deem needs it the most.....

Jon
Jon,
I would think OSO headwquarters would be the best thing....all OSO'rs know how to contact our fearlesss leaders!! I'm not sure they would want the responsibilty, but I think they would be great!

Quick Reply: $$$ Fund For Oso Hurricane Victims..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.