stinger202 questions >

stinger202 questions

Notices

stinger202 questions

Old 01-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stinger202 questions

hello all....its been quite a few years but i'm kinda back in "go fast boating".the wife and i have a 34' silverton that we do alot of cruising in. she convined me to buy a stinger cause she thought it looked cute (yeah i actually paid money for something cause she thought it was cute).anyway..its been a good 15yrs since i had a go fast.ive had superboats,hydrostreams and allisons...all outboards.
when i bought this boat it had no motor, i originally wanted to put a smallblock in it, but i got a great deal on a 454 tied to a bravo1. i was wondering what props you guys are running on these boats. from what i gather these arent the best handling boats...should i bother with any mods other than a good exhaust system...any hepful hints would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:47 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Re: stinger202 questions

Hey Zane just sold my 222 it wasnt a bad handling boat but it did have tabs n it that helped out a lot. Having the bravo setup is mint i thad the alpha took it easy so i didnt break anything and loved every minute of the boat. Exhaust yea def. a good choose make sure u run a drive shower also those love to create heat.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by zane
hello all....its been quite a few years but i'm kinda back in "go fast boating".the wife and i have a 34' silverton that we do alot of cruising in. she convined me to buy a stinger cause she thought it looked cute (yeah i actually paid money for something cause she thought it was cute).anyway..its been a good 15yrs since i had a go fast.ive had superboats,hydrostreams and allisons...all outboards.
when i bought this boat it had no motor, i originally wanted to put a smallblock in it, but i got a great deal on a 454 tied to a bravo1. i was wondering what props you guys are running on these boats. from what i gather these arent the best handling boats...should i bother with any mods other than a good exhaust system...any hepful hints would be greatly appreciated.
I gutted a 202 from one end to the other.. I will post some pics later.. It was a cool boat, I moved the steering/gauges over to the right side, decked below the bow and carpeted it for storage. I also pulled out about 100lbs of sand from the nose. If you crawl below the deck to the nose you will see foam sprayed in a "hump" form. I cut into the foam and pulled out about 2 or 3 5gallon buckets of sand. I guess it was put in from the factory to add weight to the nose. I pulled out the sand, nose rode higher and gained acouple of mph's.
Attached Thumbnails stinger202 questions-st.jpg   stinger202 questions-removed.jpg   stinger202 questions-new-dash.jpg  

Last edited by FASTTIMES; 02-19-2007 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:24 AM
Registered

more pics
Attached Thumbnails stinger202 questions-house.jpg   stinger202 questions-build.jpg   stinger202 questions-below.jpg  

Old 01-21-2007, 04:29 PM
Registered

outlaw....where exactly was the sand. currently i have cut out the floors to repair a soft spot and to check the stringers and such. up in the bow there is only a small area that is covered with plywood and glassed in. it appears to be factory. do you think i should pop the boards up to look for sand. i dont have any foamed in mounds.....what prop were you running.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by zane
outlaw....where exactly was the sand. currently i have cut out the floors to repair a soft spot and to check the stringers and such. up in the bow there is only a small area that is covered with plywood and glassed in. it appears to be factory. do you think i should pop the boards up to look for sand. i dont have any foamed in mounds.....what prop were you running.
See the yellow'ish foam in front of the bow, this is where the sand was.. Like I said, I decked/carpeted the floor below the bow, If you have any questions, PM me your # and I can answer anything about these boats. My had had an OMC cobra outdrive and warmed 4.3-- can't remember the prop pitch, But with the bravo/BB you are on the right direction and might actually need the weight in the front.
TC
Attached Thumbnails stinger202 questions-below.jpg  

Last edited by FASTTIMES; 02-19-2007 at 08:30 PM.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

I got a 202 I took out the sand and gained almost 10 MPH with stock power couldn't believe it,took it out with a shop vac. Now I can get the bow out, But ya got to drive it,gets loose quick.Putting big HP in now . I'll let you know the pitch. Theirs a pic of it on this sight it's red. JOHN.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

It's under (here's one for you chris craft lovers I luv the boat. JOHN
Old 01-22-2007, 10:11 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

And I had to do a lot of stringer work even thought the boat looked perfect when I bought it .Damn I bought the boat in long island last summer'small world!

JOHN

Last edited by Fenderjack; 01-23-2007 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:48 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

I wish i knew about that when i had my stinger would have been nice but o well next time right

Quick Reply: stinger202 questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.