More Pro Charger tuning Progress and AFR RAtios >

More Pro Charger tuning Progress and AFR RAtios

Notices

More Pro Charger tuning Progress and AFR RAtios

Old 05-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default More Pro Charger tuning Progress and AFR RAtios

Well as some of you remeber I installed an M-3 SC on my 500 EFI over the winter. I am making some head way with the tuning of it. I have had the ECU done my Mark Boos @ PMI EFI and for the most part have it dialed in pretty well, however I was not comfortable with the reading plugs thing and Sprung for a wide band O2 sensor (LM-1) from Inovative Motorsports and am happy I did ....the motor the way it is set up is on the rich side from IDLE to 4600.....( 11.5-11.9 ) AFR and once the motor reaches 4800-5300 the mixture gets up to the lean side( 14.0-14.5) the leanist it got was 14.5 but I am uncomfortable with that # .....tooooo lean
Mark says...................... so my next question was to call ATI and spoke with some moron that said they do not offer a greater Boost to fuel ratio disc and that I need to get a whole new FMU......I called BUllchit and then spoke with a guy who knew a little more about it and said yes I can get a 7 PSI disc to give me greater fuel preassure up top but not effect the mid range and cruise preassures......I guess every set up is different and will require differing # 's but I am confused now for sure....

all Readings are at the fuel rail with liquid filled quality guage....forget the gaffrig piece o chit on the dash it reads anywhere from 6-10 psi higer...

Base fuel 42 PSI
WOT fuel PSI 62 PSI
I guess my next step is to install a 7 PSI disc ( borrowed ) and try it ....Hope fully I will be able to back out of the base fuel preassure enought to get the bottom and mid range right and have enough when in the boost Mark says 65 PSI should be right.

any advise here....Smitty?

On a side note.......Best GPS speed with the install.....84.6@ 5300 spinning a 30 inch box stock Bravo.

Bryan
Old 05-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be picking your brain in the near future.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 784 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan Rose
Well as some of you remeber I installed an M-3 SC on my 500 EFI over the winter. I am making some head way with the tuning of it. I have had the ECU done my Mark Boos @ PMI EFI and for the most part have it dialed in pretty well, however I was not comfortable with the reading plugs thing and Sprung for a wide band O2 sensor (LM-1) from Inovative Motorsports and am happy I did ....the motor the way it is set up is on the rich side from IDLE to 4600.....( 11.5-11.9 ) AFR and once the motor reaches 4800-5300 the mixture gets up to the lean side( 14.0-14.5) the leanist it got was 14.5 but I am uncomfortable with that # .....tooooo lean
Mark says...................... so my next question was to call ATI and spoke with some moron that said they do not offer a greater Boost to fuel ratio disc and that I need to get a whole new FMU......I called BUllchit and then spoke with a guy who knew a little more about it and said yes I can get a 7 PSI disc to give me greater fuel preassure up top but not effect the mid range and cruise preassures......I guess every set up is different and will require differing # 's but I am confused now for sure....

all Readings are at the fuel rail with liquid filled quality guage....forget the gaffrig piece o chit on the dash it reads anywhere from 6-10 psi higer...

Base fuel 42 PSI
WOT fuel PSI 62 PSI
I guess my next step is to install a 7 PSI disc ( borrowed ) and try it ....Hope fully I will be able to back out of the base fuel preassure enought to get the bottom and mid range right and have enough when in the boost Mark says 65 PSI should be right.

any advise here....Smitty?

On a side note.......Best GPS speed with the install.....84.6@ 5300 spinning a 30 inch box stock Bravo.

Bryan
I doubt you will ever get the fuel regulator they supply even with a better disc to do what you want (I never could). A better way is to use there regulator or a high quality aeromotive to hold base pressure.send the extra fuel your bleeding off thru it to a second regulator like a caretech rising rate adjustable regulator,works pretty good IF you actually have enough fuel supply from your pump,set it to take ove when under boost. I found this set-up years ago,Tyler Crockett started using it after he saw mine,Smitty
Attached Thumbnails More Pro Charger tuning Progress and AFR RAtios-copy-fuel-regulator-015.jpg   More Pro Charger tuning Progress and AFR RAtios-copy-fuel-regulator-012.jpg   More Pro Charger tuning Progress and AFR RAtios-copy-fuel-regulator-016.jpg  

Old 05-24-2007, 07:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by articfriends
I doubt you will ever get the fuel regulator they supply even with a better disc to do what you want (I never could). A better way is to use there regulator or a high quality aeromotive to hold base pressure.send the extra fuel your bleeding off thru it to a second regulator like a caretech rising rate adjustable regulator,works pretty good IF you actually have enough fuel supply from your pump,set it to take ove when under boost. I found this set-up years ago,Tyler Crockett started using it after he saw mine,Smitty

Sounds good but I am un-clear how to do this......can you expound better when you have time.

Thanks Bryan
Old 05-24-2007, 10:06 AM
Registered

I played with the Procharger fuel setup for a while and it never was very consistent. I finally just sent my ecu off with a list of all my motor specs to ASM to be reflashed. Now I don't use the boost reference portion of the regulator. The fuel press stays the same thru to hole rpm range and AFR stays where it should be.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bryan Rose
Sounds good but I am un-clear how to do this......can you expound better when you have time.

Thanks Bryan
I think he had a thread explaining this. Could you point in the right direction Smitty?
Old 05-24-2007, 11:46 AM
Registered

Hey Bryan, Just a thought: Are you sure that your fuel delivery isn't the problem? I'm thinking that @WOT and 62 psi, it could be that the fuel flow is "tapped out" and the fuel system just can't deliver enough volume to increase the pressure past that point to 65psi and beyond. If this is the problem, a possible fix is to install a MSD fuel pump booster which increases the voltage supply to the fuel pump incrementally (at an adjustable rate) with boost. Jegs sells them for $305. I'm seriously thinking of installing one on my M-3 blown 540.
Attached Images  
Old 05-24-2007, 12:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by HARDCORE A/O
Hey Bryan, Just a thought: Are you sure that your fuel delivery isn't the problem? I'm thinking that @WOT and 62 psi, it could be that the fuel flow is "tapped out" and the fuel system just can't deliver enough volume to increase the pressure past that point to 65psi and beyond. If this is the problem, a possible fix is to install a MSD fuel pump booster which increases the voltage supply to the fuel pump incrementally (at an adjustable rate) with boost. Jegs sells them for $305. I'm seriously thinking of installing one on my M-3 blown 540.
Don't waste your time,the msd voltage booster is only rated at 7.5 amps output when you boost the fuel pump voltage to 15.7. Its a great idea though,I'm using the kenne bell "boosta-pump" voltage booster,its rated at 35 amps output though which is a safer amount for these big pumps we are running,Smitty
Old 05-24-2007, 12:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

And as far as being tapped out on pressure, I spoke with Bryan today and even though he doesn't feel he is,I think your thinking the same thing I am, its one of the first things I think should be checked before re-rigging the regulator. Install a temporary extra long return hose in place of the one he's currently running,take boat to wot,pinch of return hose from regulator 100%,if fuel pressure doesn't rise at all your getting all your going to get because your motor is using everything your fuel pump can put out,then its time to re-examine the fuel system. In his case he's only running 5psi of boost,the aeromotive pump should be able to give him all he's looking for unless there is something holding him back in the fittings lines,filters,wiring,etc,Smitty
Old 05-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Registered

I know Mark has allready asked you this but what size injectors are you running? I had Dustin program my ECU last weekend and we achieved a smooth A/F of 12 with an aeromotive 1000 and the procharger regulator. I don't know what size disk I have but I am set @ 32#s at idle and get 58#s @ WOT 5200RPM. My injectors are 42#s My HP is lower than yours so you should have 50-60# injectors. You may want to get the pressure up but you also might want to consider a higher volume injector @ the lower pressure. Mark did a great job programing my ECU but he too says there is no substitute for having the programmer on board.

Quick Reply: More Pro Charger tuning Progress and AFR RAtios

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.