Notices

MEFI Scan & Tune - MEFIburn

Old 06-14-2007, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MEFI Scan & Tune - MEFIburn

Hello All,
I have lurked on this forum for a while, as I have been doing product development over the last year. At this point it is time to get our MEFIBurn package out there, and support this forum's members the best we can. I met with Ray at Raylar engines in San Diego yesterday to set him up with our package, and he recommended posting here immediately.

Over the past year myself, and my business partner Ken, have developed a package for the MEFI controllers, covering all generations - MEFI1, MEFI2, MEFI3, MEFI4, MEFI4A, and MEFI4B. We also have scanning and data logging for the MEFI5.

Our website with details is at:
www.mefiburn.com

In a nutshell, you can monitor and datalog any generation of MEFI, and tune and change the programming in any MEFI 1 through MEFI 4B. MEFIBurn is the program we have developed that allows you to download and upload to the MEFI, and if the controller is password protected, enter the password to unlock it. If you do not have the password for your MEFI, you can blank the controller out and upload a base tune for your engine type to the controller and do your own custom tune from there. You can also convert any existing calibration file you have to any other type with a conversion routine within MEFIBurn.

The vast majority of MEFI controllers out there are configured to run on open loop calibrations, meaning there is no feedback from an O2 sensor to monitor your air/fuel ratios. Any modifications or sensor conditions that change the way a particular engine physically operates will mean the program in your MEFI controller will not be able to optimally adjust your fuel or spark. Think of it in terms of having a traditional carburetor and distributor setup and not being able to touch any adjustments on them, even though you may have just changed the cam, or heads or exhaust or intake - anything that changes the engines breathing capabilities. As many of you have experienced, you will have a pretty rough running setup. Not good!

A large number of the MEFI controllers out there have password protection of their calibrations on them. If you want to tune, you have to unlock the MEFI or blank the memory out, and that calibration is lost. We have a library of calibration files, bins, that will get the engine running but will take some work on your part to get the engine running perfectly with your own custom tune. You can quickly ruin your engine with the MEFI Scan & Tune package if you upload a bad calibration, and we assume no liability for how you use this tool, what calibration you upload, or the damage done by it. That being said, any of you who have done engine mods and have not changed the programming in the MEFI controller are in bad shape already. Now you can have an optimally tuned engine that will run incredibly well if do a good tune. The flexibility and range of parameters you can adjust in these controllers is astonishing.

I will be the first to say I have a lot to learn about these controllers and the multitude of configurations that exist in the field. Many of you have a vast amount of experience with these and other controllers, and how these boats and engines run. Our product will see changes and revisions as is becomes more widely deployed, and we will support our customers with updates. If you have bins and existing calibrations for the MEFI controller, we would appreciate getting them to add to our library. Our company, OBD Diagnostics Inc., has been around for years supporting the end user community. Feel free to ask any questions here on the forum or give us a call, and myself or Ken will help you out the best we can.

Bob
[email protected]
310-793-2410

Last edited by MEFIburn; 06-15-2007 at 03:21 AM.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:21 AM
rv
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

For a MEFI 2 what parameters can NOT be programmed with the 'standard' version vs the 'professional' version?
Old 06-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Registered

The MEFI 2 does not have a lot of parameters to start off with, so MEFI 2 is the same in both packages. The differentiation comes in with the MEFI 3 and above, where there are many more parameters.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Registered

I'm starting to wonder whether a cheaper or freeware version is due for release
Old 07-11-2007, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

Thought I would help clarify another little matter here on this thread. Most existing manufacturers LOCK the programs of the stock MEFI computer ECM. Unless you have a new base program to start with you cannot use any current MEFI reprogramming software to reprogram the MEFI ecm without basically erasing the stock program and starting with a new base program which is not included with re-progamming software such as Mefi-Burn or others. Also remember again that reprogramming alone will not generally make any more power, its used to reprogram for physical changes made to the motor.

Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 07-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by RichardCranium572
I'm starting to wonder whether a cheaper or freeware version is due for release
RC, shoot me a pm or email with your new contact info. I need to get ahold of you. $$$$$
Old 07-12-2007, 11:53 AM
Registered
VIP Member

[email protected] in case you forgot!
Old 07-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was a beta tester for Bob who makes this product.
All I can say is he saved me a ton of heart ache after Tyler Crockett couldn't get my stuff right after 2 tries.
Part of my tune is pictured in the graph on the site. Bob is a great, helpful guy who knows what he is doing.
If you have a modified motor, I'd suggest purchasing this stuff!
Old 07-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can you same the base program or do they have a stock 500EFI base program?
Old 07-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bob has a ton of tunes. Call him & ask. I'm sure he does.

Quick Reply: MEFI Scan & Tune - MEFIburn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.