Ingenius Marine Software >

Ingenius Marine Software

Notices

Ingenius Marine Software

Old 07-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ingenius Marine Software

Has anybody had major problems with this soft ware.I have been trying to get some support from arizona speed & marine not doing so well.Get boat running good next time go to start it runs like crap.Things are changing in the ecu.Its always hard to start.Any help.Thinking of going to whipple have dustin send me mefi4b.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:33 AM
Registered

anybody used this soft ware????Please help..
Old 07-11-2007, 07:56 AM
Registered

somebody has to have this soft ware.Please help???
Old 07-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have it but have not used it yet.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I have this and sent in my mefi 3 so they would copy it to the 4b as my base config. I could not get the boat to start with the 4b. I re-wired the 3 back in and it starts and runs like before. I am having difficulty getting assistance as its very hard to get ahold of Jim. Figured if they would have copied the config from the 3 to the 4 it should have been straight forward.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Advantage 27
I have this and sent in my mefi 3 so they would copy it to the 4b as my base config. I could not get the boat to start with the 4b. I re-wired the 3 back in and it starts and runs like before. I am having difficulty getting assistance as its very hard to get ahold of Jim. Figured if they would have copied the config from the 3 to the 4 it should have been straight forward.

This is doable, but it is more work than you might think. The MEFI-4B has a lot more parameters in it than the MEFI-3, so it is harder to scale it upward for a bunch of parameters you might not know what the values are. It would be easier to take a known good MEFI 4B calibration and duplicate the spark and fuel tables from the MEFI 3 into it.

If you guys are in a bind, I can take a look at your controllers for you. This will most likely involve blanking the memory of the controllers and starting with another binary calibration file that about matches your configuration, and tuning from there.
Bob
Old 07-22-2007, 07:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by MEFIburn
This is doable, but it is more work than you might think. The MEFI-4B has a lot more parameters in it than the MEFI-3, so it is harder to scale it upward for a bunch of parameters you might not know what the values are. It would be easier to take a known good MEFI 4B calibration and duplicate the spark and fuel tables from the MEFI 3 into it.

If you guys are in a bind, I can take a look at your controllers for you. This will most likely involve blanking the memory of the controllers and starting with another binary calibration file that about matches your configuration, and tuning from there.
Bob
Thanks for the offer and may take you up on it if I dont get anything out of asm. I made sure to ask them about getting my mefi3 config applied to the 4b and they said "no problem". Well its a problem for me as its not working.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:18 AM
Registered

Default 525 AZM (UN)Ingenius

Responding to your question: "Has anyone had major problems with this software?"..........an emphatic YES! I bought mine off the AZM site and had it installed locally by an excellent Merc tech. There is an astonishingly long list of parts the "kit" does not come with nor mention the need for. Once we had it running, we immediately had start problems, both cold start and warm/hot re-start. We contacted whatshisname at AZM numerous times. I will refrain from venting and simply say I would rather have been enjoying the boat for the six weeks that he failed to help us. The software being proprietary we were unable to verify the calibration of the cam sensor. Therefore, we couldn't detect nor correct the problem. We e-mailed the program to whatshisname at AZM and were told "I checked that, it's on the fall, rather than on the rise, same as stock". He didn't, it wasn't. We struggled along a while longer then ultimately discovered (without help from whatshisname) the calibration was set to the rise side and had been all along! Correcting that single cal was the entire fix. I sincerely hope this helps you as I would love to save you the major burn I got from whatshisname at AZM. Beyond that, the software itself seems adequate.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

F670's statement about not getting timely assistance is correct.
Another point is that the software does not come with enough instructions on some of hot keys and toolbar features it has.

Once I was able to get the proper attention the help given was good. I sent them the configuration file they supposidly had copied my MEFI 3 configuration to and they went through it line by line and corrected a few things. I am up and running able to tune to good a/f ratios and running strong.

Also better explanations on some of the in and outs of the software was given over the phone. I feel they should have included this information in the built in help guide as it is not anything about how to tune, but how the software functions.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Registered

I know this is no help to you now. I had gone with the FAST system due to the responses on OSO. I had help getting the setup from other members on OSO that also had the FAST system. When I had a problem I was even given the engineer that worked for FAST. He had me email my map to him. A day or so later he called me back with suggestions of things to change.