Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
Brulington VT Lake Champlain INFO?? >

Brulington VT Lake Champlain INFO??

Notices

Brulington VT Lake Champlain INFO??

Old 08-26-2008, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brulington VT Lake Champlain INFO??

I am looking into taking a run up to lake champlain.
My wife has family in burlington VT and I may want to take my 26 ft sutphen rum runner up.

Theres a boat launch right near her sisters place I think shes at perkins pier?

Any info on the waters and docking accomodations would be great.
I have been out there on my Jetski before but only out and to the left into a fairly nice harbor other than that I have no Idea whats out there or how far you can go?
Marked channels etc.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

GLH could chime in he's from there. Just need to know where is the closest launch ramp. Starting from there you're about in the middle of the lake, so any destination is easy to go. You can run for approx 1:30 hour north, or south, depending where you want to go. I'd say that the 4 or 5 best beach spots are pretty close to this area, within I'd say... 30 minutes max either way.

There must be a launch ramp in burlington... JPMAC or Velocity4me could also give some good info on that...
Old 08-27-2008, 12:08 PM
Registered

two launches in burlington, one right at perkins pier, the other one is over by the coast guard station, but you still have to stop at perkins to buy a pass, The launch at the coastie station is prolly better for larger boats.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:21 PM
Registered

http://www.enjoyburlington.com/Parks/PerkinsPier.cfm

This may help
Old 08-27-2008, 06:22 PM
It's a Wicked Rush!!!
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
I am looking into taking a run up to lake champlain.
My wife has family in burlington VT and I may want to take my 26 ft sutphen rum runner up.

Theres a boat launch right near her sisters place I think shes at perkins pier?

Any info on the waters and docking accomodations would be great.
I have been out there on my Jetski before but only out and to the left into a fairly nice harbor other than that I have no Idea whats out there or how far you can go?
Marked channels etc.
Welcome to the lake 30ct. The coast guard station or P Pier as mention in the previous posts would probably be the easiest for a quick visit to the lake. Our crew will be out this weekend, most likely Sunday & Monday (weather) so feel free to pm me later this week for more details on where to hook-up with us or just search "Lake Champlain 2008"
Old 08-27-2008, 06:23 PM
It's a Wicked Rush!!!
Gold Member

Originally Posted by DRIPPINWETII
Jamie........weddings over.....are you gonna be out this weekend???
Old 08-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Registered

Well thanks for the responces first off.

I appreciate the help.
It probably won't be this weekend in fact the wife is trying to talk me out of bringing the boat.

When we go.

Is there much to see and do?
is it worth trailering 4 hours in your opinion?

Whats the water like Looks like the weather reports posted in the 2008 forum mostly showed 1 to 2 or less than 1 footers but last time I was there on the ski I was seeing more like 2 to 3's

Is there a place to tie up anywhere close to the pier or drop anchor and sleep? Might save hotel cash and make the tow more worth while and save us some $$$.
safe sheltered area perferably?
I know the area near his beach was a good spot but I have no Idea if its rocky or shallow in areas?

are charts availble or is it local knowledge only?

It would be nice to see some new areas with the boat are trees changing up there yet?

Thanks for any input?
Old 08-27-2008, 08:03 PM
It's a Wicked Rush!!!
Gold Member

Yes to ALL your questions. The weather (and waters) look to be nice in Sep. Actually the overall rough summer made for overall calmer waters with less southerly winds, with a few exceptions (last weekend) but regardless of the water conditions, there are primo spots no matter which way the winds are blowing. Many in our group have smaller boats and don't have problems.....you shouldn't worry. Many nice spots to drop anchor and either pay a small fee in Burlington or free docking overnight at the city docks at the boat basin across the lake in Plattsburgh, NY. Fuel is no problem anywhere and of course the scenery is awsome. Again, give anyone on the Lake Champlain thread heads-up before you come up and we'd be more than welcome to assist you and hook you up.

Jim
Old 08-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
Well thanks for the responces first off.

I appreciate the help.
It probably won't be this weekend in fact the wife is trying to talk me out of bringing the boat.

When we go.

Is there much to see and do?
is it worth trailering 4 hours in your opinion?

Whats the water like Looks like the weather reports posted in the 2008 forum mostly showed 1 to 2 or less than 1 footers but last time I was there on the ski I was seeing more like 2 to 3's

Is there a place to tie up anywhere close to the pier or drop anchor and sleep? Might save hotel cash and make the tow more worth while and save us some $$$.
safe sheltered area perferably?
I know the area near his beach was a good spot but I have no Idea if its rocky or shallow in areas?

are charts availble or is it local knowledge only?

It would be nice to see some new areas with the boat are trees changing up there yet?

Thanks for any input?
Bring the boat. You wont regret it
Old 08-28-2008, 11:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jpmac
Jamie........weddings over.....are you gonna be out this weekend???
There just starting bud... I have 2 more next month!!!!!!
I am in a wedding this weekend and suppose to be bringing the groom and best man in my boat to the wedding. They are getting married on the Spirit of Ethan Allen. We have a few slips reserved at Break Waters. I should be free on Sunday monday. I will keep an eye out for you guys!

Jamie

Quick Reply: Brulington VT Lake Champlain INFO??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.