Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Where did the Galveston Bay boat accident thread go? >

Where did the Galveston Bay boat accident thread go?

Notices

Where did the Galveston Bay boat accident thread go?

Old 08-29-2003, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where did the Galveston Bay boat accident thread go?

Old 08-29-2003, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wrote to the webmaster and they have not answered where it went. My step dad was at outriggers and saw the boat leave out. He said that they waited a couple hours for it to come back. Why was the thread deleted?

http://tamug.tamu.edu/~egk9566/
Old 08-29-2003, 01:14 PM
Registered

Hi TS80, have you (or anyone else) heard anything more?

P.S. Is that your 27' EXCALIBUR? I live next to El Lago Marina and see it out all the time.
Old 08-29-2003, 01:17 PM
Coddigtion

I think that it was moved to protect some of the rumors that were flying around about this accident. We have facts about this accident right now, and here are some of them.

First things first, lets all wish the best for Mike Nixon, and lets hope that he is alive, but it does not look good right now.

This man was a friend to everyone and would do anything for anybody.

Quick facts.

On 8/27/03 @ ~22:10 a tug with an outbound push reported that a speedboat had hit the barage.

The coast guard arrived on sceen at about 11:45 that evening to set up a search and resuce, at about 12:30 it was noticed that Mike could not be found and that he was out in his baja. The coast guard and friends searched most of the evening until morning, calling everyone that had a boat to come out and look.

The main wreckage was found early in the morning on 8/28/03 was searched and it does not look good.

The seach continued until after dark last night for Mike, and is continuing today.

The boat is currently being lifted out of the water and was split in two pices partially by the first salvage company that attempted to hijack the wreck site before the coast guard released it to the friends/faimly and the salvage company that had already been selected by the insurance company.

As of noon today no bodies have been found and a lot of rumors have been floating around about things that are not true. (I believe that this is why the thread was pulled)

Last edited by Coddigtion; 08-29-2003 at 01:23 PM.

Old 08-29-2003, 01:18 PM
Coddigtion

TS80 check your email!

Old 08-29-2003, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The boat was mine and my dad's. He basically cheated me out of my portion, but sold it to my step dad so we are all in it usually. We'll hopefully be out this weekend if it doesn't rain. It used to be blue and red when it belonged to Dale. Dale now owns "Gone Again" 32 skater but it is for sale.
Old 08-29-2003, 01:32 PM
Registered

I am the one that started thread. At 6 am houston time I read the thread & at that time I had not seen anything in the thread that was bad. I was not the one to delete it, so it must have been OSO.

Turns out I have friends that are out searching but it looks like Coddigtion update is the lastest
Old 08-29-2003, 01:47 PM
Coddigtion

Here is a picture of the boat, I am not going to publicly post any more detailed shots until every thing is taken care of, but you can clearly see some of the damage.

-Linn
Attached Thumbnails Where did the Galveston Bay boat accident thread go?-publicpicture.jpg  

Old 08-29-2003, 02:36 PM
Coddigtion

Not true! Just spoke to the group again, and this is a rumor that has been floating around since yesterday morning.

-Linn

Old 08-29-2003, 02:43 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Hey Linn,

I'm still in Michigan. I'll make another call and confirm it then. You got a cell I can call ya???

Quick Reply: Where did the Galveston Bay boat accident thread go?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.