Notices

PHOTOS-St Pete

Old 06-28-2004, 08:17 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PHOTOS-St Pete

I just posted 3 albums of photos I shot at St Pete from the dry pits to the last race that ended with a monster thunder storm and at the same time what appeared to be contact between Dirty Duck and Team CRC..

Here is the link to the site. It is best when viewed in the slide show mode. Save the link and visit anytime.

http://community.webshots.com/user/gdfatha-date

If you desire to download any photo is is free..Be my guest..

Enjoy
Old 06-28-2004, 09:57 PM
JnT
Registered

Default Re: PHOTOS-St Pete

Thanks Gdfatha!!!Great pics.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Marc, once again thanks for the pics!!

It was a pleasure to finally meet you after all this time. Take care, see you at the next race. Maybe we'll actually see something.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:10 AM
Registered

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...57403388AXhQSU

HAHA love the caption on that one
Old 06-29-2004, 08:46 AM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Thanks guys..

Baja, it was indeed a pleasure meting you, your wife and friends.

I just spoke with Olympus about the shutter freeze/hang-up prolem I had with my old camera C-2100..I have to send it back to the factory for repair. The call was worth it...===>

He confirmed what other Olympus reps refused to answer ... NO-The newer Olympus cameras , like the NEW C-750 I have been using , DO NOT HAVE image stabilization. My C 2100 was the last model that had it before Canon hit them with a patent infringement. Olympus does not plan to have the image stabilization in the near future.

Soooo.. I'm gonna get the C-2100 repaired and go look at Nikons and Canons. I'll probley sell the C-750...

Take care

Hope to see you in Sarasota...

marc
Old 06-29-2004, 09:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good luck with the camera...that was bizarre. I've never seen one freeze up like that.

See you this weekend.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja Daze
Good luck with the camera...that was bizarre. I've never seen one freeze up like that.

See you this weekend.
Hey Nick. I tried to respond to your e-mail but it was kicked back - said the e-mail address is invalid.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What time on Sunday was this picture of the pier taken? During the race?
Attached Thumbnails PHOTOS-St Pete-157408820soxbhd_ph.jpg  
Old 06-29-2004, 12:18 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Zyzzyx2123
Where are all the spectators?
Photo was taken at 6/27/04 @ 1:28:26 and yes racing was going on at least the start.

I was surprised that the VIP area left corner was so thinly populated...in the center and right corner was for us blue color workers, which is also sparsley populated. At Marathon there was standing room only in the VIP area (I spent my allowance to myself).

In my opinion, as a fan, any race that has a course 1/2 from the land based spectators does a dis-service to the drivers/crew and fans. Surprisingly, the assisstant race director told us that "There were very few spectators there Saturday, but then there was only time trials."

My photos are with a 600mm lens (not the most costly) and I still had to use my photo computer program to bring them closer in.

Although there was an incident last year at St pete, that course was not only challenging for the drivers/crew but outstanding from a spectator viewpoint.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:20 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gdfatha
In my opinion, as a fan, any race that has a course 1/2 from the land based spectators does a dis-service to the drivers/crew and fans. Surprisingly, the assisstant race director told us that "There were very few spectators there Saturday, but then there was only time trials."
You have 2 groups of people to thank for that.....the SMC, and the jerks that add fuel to the fire by helping them out to serve there own miserable agendas. And we all know who those folks are. I would give credit to the OSS group for overcoming all the obsticles that were thrown it front of them putting on this race. And to all the naysayers that piled on when things were looking bad I have a question. How does it feel to be an a$$hole ????

Dan

PS Thanks for the pics gdfatha

Last edited by DanB; 06-29-2004 at 05:23 PM.

Quick Reply: PHOTOS-St Pete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.