may they rest in peace

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/index.s...1410567120.xml
Old 07-05-2004, 07:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 7 and 32 year old die in boating accident

Sad story so sad

Officials determined alcohol was not a factor in the collision, but the operators apparently did not follow the rules of boating or they didn't exercise enough attention to avoid the collision
Old 07-05-2004, 11:54 AM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is someone going to post every boating fatality in the country?

G
Old 07-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

Hope so. Keeps it near the surface which will hopefully keep boaters alert and aware..

It is also nice to see that it isn't another performance boat (I don't mean that it is NICE as it is horrible, but it is, well you know what I mean).

"Rules of Boating"
There's another thing. Many people don't even know that there are any things such as "Rules of Boating". I don't care which boater was "more" at fault, it would be refreshing to know that more than 2% of the boaters out there knew how to determine right of way in surprise situations. Course I've been guilty as anybody about wrongly assuming right of way before, but if I see a crossing situation developing, I will alter course or speed to cross safely regardless of whether I have the ROW or not.

Get a 40+ foot boat moving over 60 in a narrow river channel and it becomes far more important as to who has the right of way...
Old 07-05-2004, 01:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by cigarette1

G
I sure hope so. Some times accidents can't be helped or avoided, but, as long as it helps this industry on learning why it happened and how it can be possibly avoided next time, might help another boater out in the future. We need to work together as a group, and educate the new boaters, and some of the experienced boaters on the wrongs and rights, and follow proper procedures before boarding, and then operatating their boats. In the long run there will be less idiot's out there, which means fewer fatalities. This will decrease or maintain insurace rate premiums, so as to make it affordable for the avarage boater to still enjoy this great sport. Jeff Jassby
Old 07-05-2004, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by cigarette1

G
please remove your comment ,for christ sakes a 7 year old died with his father, i don't know if you have children or not , but i'm sure that every member of this oso family, that has a child , or doesn't- it will make us think and will be stored in some part of memory to be the safest boater you can be. whether it was a 38 or a 16 ft boat , we are all boaters ,(including the blow boats ). many lives have been lost this year doing what we love to do , and for a child to die boating hit's very hard and makes you think, "that coulda been my son and me" i hope his wife can make it through , to lose your husband and son just like that , god bless them.....

ERIC

Last edited by open87; 07-05-2004 at 03:44 PM.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

to add to post above , i have a friend who was run over by a bass boat a few years back. his girlfriend died instantly. he's 40% dissabled now ,to make matters worse she left behind 2 children 6 & 8 . to really make this hit home , his mother died at her funeral. i along with 3 others gave cpr to her but she passed right their at the funeral. he lost his bride to be and his mom in less than a week- because of carless operation of another boater.
Old 07-05-2004, 04:11 PM
Registered

Unfortunately, these stories help in some way to keep safety in the forefront. I always read all the way through them, to see if there is something to be learned, something that could make ME a safer boater.
These are often a first-hand account of what can happen when some small thing goes badly south, with the worst possible consequences.
Old 07-05-2004, 04:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

cig1's comment needs to stay.

It is exactly that type of comment that gets things rolling so that thought-worthy responses can come popping out. Responses that stir emotions provoke the best commentary.

And I'm pretty sure he wasn't dismissing the death of the child. At least I didn't take it that way - and I've got kids that boat, too.
Old 07-05-2004, 04:59 PM
Registered

These articles make me more aware and a safer boater.

Open7 that is a tragic story.

Quick Reply: 7 and 32 year old die in boating accident

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.